cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

BT Smart Hub 2 Firmware Upgrade - v0.26.03.01286-BT

Hi,

Had Firmware Upgrade to BT Smart Hub 2 Router.

New version: v0.26.03.01286-BT

Feel like my connection has been quite unstable since, playing PlayStation off Wi-Fi seems a bit unstable whereas before Upgrade it was absolutely fine no issues.

Other devices like mobiles seem a bit slow too, I have restarted Router to see how I go.

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 Firmware Upgrade - v0.26.03.01286-BT

Try  a factory reset of the hub using the recessed button at the back. Hold in until the lights flash.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

another post about customer having problems following recent firmware update

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/BT-SMART-HUB-2-Firmware-026-03-01826/m-p/215272...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

In the same boat here, have my ps5 connected via Ethernet to a smart hub 2 and since this latest firmware update ***1286 my connection is a lot slower, beneath my guaranteed 43mb, I’m now getting less than 40 from the router and online games have become really laggy, factory resetting the sh2 does nothing as does putting my ps5 in the routers dmz which I don’t want to do. May just swop the sh2 out for another router and see how I get on
Message 5 of 27

Interesting, seems to be a bit more stable now but not perfect. I unfortunately cannot try another router as I’m using the Complete Wi-Fi Discs. Hoping it’s something that irons itself out!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

Yes I started this thread on Saturday - SH2 New Firmware Query - BT Community

The firmware update has had a negative effect on my home setup too.

Both amazon echo devices I use have poor or no connectivity and the ring video door bell has dropped completely off too.

Now a few days later other WIFI devices are randomly dropping off the network.

I also noticed last night that the entire 5ghz spectrum has dropped off my hub as well, I've tried changing the channel too but still nothing.  This is despite the fact that the only thing that has changed is the hub firmware. Frustratingly this is something we have no control over as the firmware updates are automatic instead of manual and there is no way of rolling back to the previous firmware which worked like a charm.

I've tried a factory reset but still have the same problem.

Furthermore my laptop which is on a wired connection to the router has also been experiencing network disconnection issues.

When they did a line test they also concluded that I had several dropouts since the firmware upgrade and my line speed has dropped by a few mbps as a result. 

In the 30 days before the firmware upgrade there was no issue with anything. it was flawless!

BT are sending a replacement hub as I am hoping that the issue is failing hardware with the current Smart hub 2 but if the issue doesn't change then I will have to look to change from the complete WIFI setup.

A shame really as it's been perfect for almost 12 months!

Message 7 of 27

I binned off the SH2 and sent it back to BT because its a sack of S*** none of my smart plugs like it unless I turn off 5Ghz which is useless to me. 

Went and brought a 3rd party router, Solid!

Why can they not just give us the option to update rather than force them to update...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

@samtheaspie 

This exactly. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

@samtheaspie 

Which 3rd party modem router did you buy as I think longer term I will be going down this route.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

@NorthernNico  Netgear D6400, It's WiFi 5 but meh I don't need AX/WiFi 6 speeds yet. Solid decent router, really easy to set up!

0 Ratings