cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 Firmware Upgrade - v0.26.03.01286-BT

Had this update forcibly applied on Monday and I've been having to reboot the router 3 or 4 times a day in a desperate attempt to keep my devices online.  Worst affected has been my Galaxy S20 which just disappears off the network then can't get an IP over DHCP.  Annoying doesn't cover it especially after it took BT 5 months to install fibre.  

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

if you continue to reboot the hub 3/4 times a day you will end up with DLM taking action by increasing the noise margin and dropping speed in an attempt to stabilise your connection.  Maybe try getting a replacement hub or buy 3rd party router.

As I posted previously I have had the update a few weeks ago and had problems with mu SKYQ but a quick reset of my SKY Q main and minis and everything is back to normal with connecting wireless  for about 30 days stable.  all my other devices never had any problems including my Samsung S20+

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 27

I think that only applies to ADSL. This is FTTP.
Anway, it's been stable for 24 hours now so fingers crossed!
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 27

I have finally had to admit defeat 😂 Since the 26 update a bunch of my 2.4 GHz devices have become unstable and unusable. I was woken up at 3:00am by one of my smart lights (Hive).

1. My complete WiFi disc keeps flashing red. OK for about twelve hours then goes down.

2. My Hive Hub 360 will only function connected to the complete WiFi disc. If I switch off the disc it completely refuses to work. Connects OK with excellent signal.

3. We have 3 Harmony Hubs, connect/disconnect constantly.

Dusted off the old Smart Hub (6A) with split bands. Now everything just works and are solid.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

@IanMJ 

DLM reset is not problem with FTTP  but it does apply to FTTC as well as ADSL   it was not obvious from your posts that you were on FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

Finally got to this thread, after complaining about my devices then my laptop and your symptoms are those that I am experiancing too, and can be summed up in your statement "other WIFI devices are randomly dropping off the network". Never even realised smart hub had got a firware upgrade.
Message 17 of 27

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Smart-Hub-2/m-p/2039193#M174314

There is another thread about this firmware update that is causing problems see above link.

It stopped my Epsom Printer from connecting .  Disabling 5GHz band keeps the 2.4GHz connected but this is not ideal. I have raised a Ticket with engineers through one of the Mods on here, suggest others do similar.

Message 18 of 27

My home network has been broken since this update. Devices can see one another but not transfer files etc. No local backups to NAS, music streaming. Socket timeout errors reported. I can be certain the update is the issue because everything worked fine prior to it, and *some* things recover but then degrade if I reboot the hub. 

Does anyone know if the same update will be pushed to an older Home Hub if I ‘downgrade’?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

@Stephen1000  So far as we know older hubs don't have the same update or if one will be pushed out to them. You should be OK to use and older hub.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

@pippincp Great, thanks - I’ve gone back to the last Smart Hub and will see how it goes
0 Ratings