Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Enix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Smart Hub 2 Wireless Issue

Go to solution

I have just recently installed the BT Smart Hub 2 with the single dish that comes with it, but have encountered an issue with my phone transitioning from the dish to the hub whenever I get within range.

Whenever I move room and connect to the hub, having been connected to the dish previously, I am unable to connect to the internet, i.e. use YouTube, Google, etc.  Can anybody help me with this?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Enix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT

Go to solution

I have just installed this today but I'm having an issue when using my phone and moving from a room whereby the dish is providing the strongest signal, to the room containing the hub.  Whenever I move room I lose connection to the internet completely on my phone.  Can anybody help me with this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 Wireless Issue

Go to solution

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or  one of the BT Device experts, so please watch this thread for updates.

I do not know anything about this system, but as a guess, if you turned off the extra disk, you may find that you phone will connect to the home hub, with full Internet connectivity.

The home hub may think you are still connected to the disk, and it may take a while for it to catch up. This reminds me of an issue with some other home hubs, a few years ago.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Have you tried turning off Smart Setup on the router (accessed by typing 192.168.1.254 into a web browser)? It may not help but is often suggested on here as a first troubleshooting step.

Enix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Myself and a family member have the same phone, yet only he has the problem when moving from room to room and losing connection.  When I move room I can visibly see (via the My BT app) when my device transitions from the dish to the hub, or vice versa, I don't lose connection, it changes seamlessly.  However, when he does the same thing he loses internet access completely, yet we're both using the same phone.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Is there an option on the phone to ‘reset network settings’? I use an iPhone, which does have the option, and in the past it has resolved odd connection issues. The downside is any saved network passwords will be lost.
I’d still try the ‘turn off Smart Setup option’ first, if you haven’t already, as that often sorts out connectivity issues.
Enix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I've tried turning the smart setting off which didn't resolve the issue.  I'll check to see if I have the reset network settings option.

0 Ratings
Enix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks, Paul!  Resetting the networking settings seemed to sort it.  Many thanks for the heads-up.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

You’re welcome, Enix - hopefully it’ll stay fixed.

0 Ratings