cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Can I replace the BT Smart Hub 2 with my old BT Hub 5 which gave much better coverage or will BT give me trouble?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

@Attheend wrote:

Can I replace the BT Smart Hub 2 with my old BT Hub 5 which gave much better coverage or will BT give me trouble?

Yes, provided you do not have a G.Fast (Ultrafast connection).

BT do not care what you use, ever third party routers. But they only support BT Home Hubs.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Not if you have Digital Voice or Complete Wi-Fi (the black discs)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

I have BT Smart Hub 2 which is nothing but trouble, have to ethernet it which means can't use laptop downstairs.  Still have the BT Hub 5 which the 2 supposedly replaces and just want to know if I can uninstall the 2 and replace with the 5.  Will I still get support?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Yes, if you're using a bt hub you will get support

Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Attheend I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with the Smart Hub 2.

Did you try the other wireless modes on the Smart Hub 2 to see if that helped with your wireless issues? Some devices work better on mode 2 so I'd recommend giving that a go. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

As there was a speed problem as well as connectivity (dropping out) BT was contacted.  We were told the BT Smart Hub 2 is the best in the industry, all the reviews say so and we would have to use an ethernet cord which we haven't used since about 2012. No one mentioned other wireless modes or anything else. Could you explain please?  Would be much appreciated?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Attheend The Smart Hub 2 is the latest most up to date router we provide customers with. I'm sorry, I can't explain why this wasn't suggested previously when you spoke to customer services. Did you give it a try to see if it helped?

As you wanted to go back to the Hub 5 that worked without issue, I thought it could be a compatibility issue with older devices and the newer hub therefore suggested the wireless mode change to see if it helped. The link I posted previously explains what each mode does. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

There are other people watching tv etc so will have to wait to try this out when it is quiet.  We weren't told a lot of things when we renewed our contract.  Guess it's our fault for not asking more questions.  I notice on the forum that many other people are having trouble with this hub.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@Attheend No problem, give it a go when its convenient for you and post back to let us know how you get on. Due to the nature of a support community, you'll only see posts from people who are generally seeking assistance with a problem. For the majority of customers, it works without a problem. 

Thanks

Neil