cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smc78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Smart Hub - 5ghz doesn't work for laptop

We have BT SMart Hub and generally things work well but about 5 months ago I got a new laptop and after a few months wifi connection kept dropping but only on laptop, all other devices, phones, tablet etc....there were no issues. 

Spoke to laptop manufacturer and all they checked laptop, replaced network card, tested it and all was fine. But when I got it back the wifi dropping continued.

This week I split the wifi connection on the smart hub and the laptop will only connect on the 2.4ghz and not the 5ghz yet laptop is compatible with 5ghz. Obvisouly I am making sure laptop uses 2.4ghz and with that connection is fab, no dropping but am curious, what are the possible reasons it won't work on the 5ghz?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Smart Hub - 5ghz doesn't work for laptop

Does your laptop see both 2.4/5ghz networks but will not connect to 5ghz when you enter the password?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
smc78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

@imjollywrote:

Does your laptop see both 2.4/5ghz networks but will not connect to 5ghz when you enter the password?

Yes it does see the 5ghz but won't connect

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Have you also turned off smart setup?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
smc78
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

@imjollywrote:

Have you also turned off smart setup?

No, have only split the wifi

Other items have connected to the 5ghz just not the laptop

0 Ratings