cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT Smart Monitor 6000 keeps disconnecting from camera

I have a BT Smart Monitor 6000 and frustratingly it often disconnects from the camera, emitting a loud beeping noise when it does so. This often happens in the middle of the night, waking me up and can take hours before it reconnects leaving me without the ability to watch my baby - which is the whole point of having the device in the first place! When this happens, I can’t re pair it to the camera as the camera is in the baby’s room and it would wake her up. Please can someone a) let me know why this keeps happening, b) tell me what I can do to stop it from happening and c) what to do when it does happen to get the monitor back up and working again. I should also mention that when it disconnects like this sometimes I still have visibility on the app but others the app also says ‘offline’ and is rendered useless 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Smart Monitor 6000 keeps disconnecting from camera

Hi @Vfizzle and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having a few issues with the Smart Monitor 6000. I know how precious sleep is especially with a new baby. Is the unit still under warranty? You might want to call the BT Video Baby Monitor 6000 helpline for advice on this. You'll get the contact details on the help page.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

Sorry to hear your connection between you Parent Unit and Baby Unit keeps dropping out.

Does it always happen at night when the Parent unit is in the bedroom? and not in any other room at any other time of the day? Interference from other devices in the home or located in close proximity to the Parent unit or Baby unit might cause interference and knock out the signal.

It might be worth checking the signal strength on the Parent Unit monitor when in the room that you lose connection. If its shows a low weak signal it would not take much to lose connection.

One other thought and its probably not easy to do as you want to use the Baby monitor at night, but if you could leave the Parent Unit and Baby unit close to one another in the same room for a period of time say 24hours just to see if it losses it connection then. This would help in working out if its the product is at fault and is causing the loss of connection or some other device within the home?

Other than trying these suggestions if you feel the product is faulty then please follow the advice given by David

Hope this helps

Martin
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Thanks for your reply Martin. Unfortunately it doesn’t happen in the same room each time and the maddening thing is that when you turn the monitor on it shows good signal then goes red with no signal, then shows full signal again but then beeps loudly showing the icon of a camera with a question mark against its showing it can’t find the camera. 

I’ve reset both the camera and the monitor and have repaired them and touch wood things seem to be back on track, otherwise I’ll do as David suggests (thank you David) and call you the customer support as it’s still under warranty. 

many thanks 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Thanks very much for sharing those details David. I’ve reset both the monitor and the camera and it’s working again for now. If the same thing happens again I’ll be sure to contact customer support as it’s still under warranty. 

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Hi David 

unfortunately my baby monitor is still playing up. I’ve realised that the fault is actually that the camera keeps turning off (it seems the on/off switch is faulty). I’ve tried to contact the customer service centre via the link you shared in your post but no one answers and I just get a message about covid. Is there any other way I can contact someone to send a replacement device out as mine is still under warranty. As you can imagine I’m keen to get this resolved ASAP as it’s proving very difficult to manage my baby’s sleep without it. 

thank you

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@Vfizzle, I'm sorry you haven't been able to get through, there is also an email contact link on the help pages that @DavidM directed you to previously. Where was the Baby Monitor bought from as you'd need to return it to the place of purchase for a replacement?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Thanks Neil. It was bought from John Lewis so should I contact them directly re the warranty or try to email address on the page suggested by David? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@Vfizzle, I'd recommend you do both as the helpdesk can provide you with a fault reference number that John Lewis may want before replacing it under warranty.  

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

That’s really helpful thank you Neil 

0 Ratings