cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT Smarthub 2 reboots once a day?

Go to solution

Hi All, 

I recently had a BT line installed (the 17th Dec) as we were originally with Virgin and were suffering consistent constant packet loss. After about a year of 2 and froing with Virgin I gave up and got a FFTC line with BT as I work from home and the constant packet loss was unacceptable. Happy to report that so far I've had no packet loss issues with BT. However there is one weird thing happening.

So far every day once a day at random times the Smart hub appears to reboot itself? so far it's done it at around 

20:40
01:00
18:35

I am running a ping as part of my proof for Virgin that the issue is them and in the ping I see it goes from replying fine to general failure for about 25-45 seconds then comes back and is fine after that? Unfortunately the router is in another room to me so I can't see the lights but it's like it reboots itself. Does anyone know why this is or has had this on there own one?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Smarthub 2 reboots once a day?

Go to solution

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hi, thought that might be the case. I don't think my Phone line has moved to being "managed" by BT yet as it was originally Virgin so I take it I'm best waiting until that's done?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

If your Internet is working then you must have a phone line otherwise you would not have broadband

Try quiet line and see what number is repeated

If you are porting your phone number was it originally issued by virgin or  BT or another ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

@imjolly they may not have a voice service, you can get bb only now

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@garybs29 wrote:

@imjolly they may not have a voice service, you can get bb only now

JUST from the OP comment about BT managing his phone line suggested a phone connection

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Sorry, 

I have no idea about the line, I think the phone line is BT but I don't have a corded phone. Anyway the rebooting went away for 3 days or so but today it has happened 8 or 9 times throughout. I've found it in the log

Router issue.jpg
It's been the same message each time, I've swapped the cable to the router the port it was plugged into on the router and restarted the router but it's doing the same thing. 

Dreadnaught_0-1640646161029.png

I've raised a fault with BT to see what they say

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Dreadnaught,

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if you're having problems with your connection. Please can you post the connection stats as suggested by @imjolly?

Is the Ethernet connected directly to the Hub or are you using Powerline Adaptors?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi,

No worries. I was connected directly to the hub, but I connected an old TP-Link switch last night as I read it could be due too something called Ethernet link pulse timing errors. So it's now hub, into switch into My PC. I can't see any way to attach the log.

What is it you want to see?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Dreadnaught,

Please could you post your connection stats? If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and typing 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings