cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Speed Test

Anyone else have problems in opening the broadband speed test?  I try to open it, a login screen comes up, I put in my details and it runs through a few steps on the browser address bar and eventually returns back to the login page.

I have purposely put in the wrong password to see what happens and it does pick this up and warns that the password is incorrect.  No such message comes up when using the correct details just returns to login page.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Speed Test

Btspeedtester does not need a password just your phone number. If you are on digital voice then btspeedtester does not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

When I click on the link for the speed test it asks me to login.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Try this link

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The test on this web site link (https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/) calculates my download speed as 240.55Mbps!!!  If only!

I have a contract for 66Mb - 73Mb with a guaranteed minimum of 61Mb on one BT site or 62Mb on an other (I don'’t know why BT Contracts indicate Mb's instead of Mbps)

Other web based speed testers I have now found are reporting figures between 54.8 and 57.5Mbps which is similar to those in the normal BT tester when I could access it.  It seems that because I have an ongoing complaint about my speeds being less than the contract guarantee the speed test page when it does occasional try to load goes to a notice that my complaint is in progress.

0 Ratings