cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Video Baby Monitor 7000 (078689) Screen Issue - VERY DARK screen?

Hi there our BT baby monitor has a permanently dark screen - you cannot see much at all, its very dark.

We have tried resetting the machine and gone through the user manual but no improvement.

Please help!

I just took this picture in a well lit room and the monitor is constantly dark, it is only when you tilt the monitos-l1600.jpgr there is a very faint outline of anything but barely visible and practically not there. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Video Baby Monitor 7000 (078689) Screen Issue - VERY DARK screen?

Can anyone from BT help?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@gergemina 

Product helpdesk information

If your product is within warranty:

By phone: 0808 100 6554

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm

By email: Click here for email support

If your product is out of warranty contact BT's recommended agent

By phone: 0800 980 8999

My personal opinion, is that the screen has been damaged.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I was hoping this forum could offer some online advice. 

Being just outside of warranty that premium number will cost 65p per minute so it could be a VERY expensive call with possibly no solution.   This is just not financially viable for a someone like me who is unable to work at the moment due to childcare.   

The screen has not been damaged and has been used very lightly, any other ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

This is primarily a BT phone and broadband customer forum, but you may find another forum member who has the same device.

Nobody on this forum works for BT, apart from the forum moderators, we are all just customers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@gergemina 

It may be worth removing the battery, and leave it out for about 3 minutes, then replace it. It may be that the internal circuity has become locked up.

User Guide 

Perhaps the battery connection is loose, and that is why its affected by the orientation?

Its also possible that the battery needs replacing, as they only last so long. It looks like a fairly standard Lithium battery, so you may be able to get a replacement.

0 Ratings