cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikero
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT WHolehome v1.02.04 build 10 - Wifi Password constraints.

I'm all for advising users on how to be safer online. However, the model deployed in your new firmware is unacceptable. You are more than welcome to advise me that my password is weak, but please do not stop be configuring network settings unless I change it. My wifi password is weak. Im a big boy - I'm happy to take the risk. I also have a significant number of awkward configured devices that would need updating when I need to change it. I'm guessing 3 to 4 hours work to get most of them and then some annoying little problems for a few weeks to come.

However I find today, whilst trying to understand why I can't get the wemo switches talking with this hub,  that you will no longer allow me to make any change to my wifi settings until or unless i change my wifi password to comply with a new set of rules you've imposed.

Your error message of 

"1. Uppercase letter 2. Lowercase letter 3. Number 4. Special character
      The security key should contain at least 2 types of the types above."

also wins an award for opaque errors. This doesn't even tell you that the action has been failed. 

Is it possible to continue administering this device without complying with your arbitrary decisions on passwords?
Will you be changing your password validity criteria again for me in future? How can in unsubscribe from these?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
plunet
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT WHolehome v1.02.04 build 10 - Wifi Password constraints.

Send it back to the place where you bought from requesting a refund saying that it doesn't comply with the WPA2-psk standards? Along with the ongoing fiasco with v1.02.04 build 10 firmware being unstable for a couple of months now it seems the only way to get BT to listen is to hit them in the bank account.

0 Ratings
mikero
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT WHolehome v1.02.04 build 10 - Wifi Password constraints.

PCworld have agreed to receive it back as faulty goods and refund base don this and the reliability debacles. 

0 Ratings