cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

BT WIFI EXTENDER

So I bought the BT wifi extender , everything was going well until i came to the part where I needed to sign in. The link that the manual provided me doesn’t work and won’t load no matter what I do. It always says something along the lines of “Safari was unable to open this” Can anyone help? I cant log in to connect my device if this doesn’t work. I need better wifi for my homework that’s due tomorrow.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT WIFI EXTENDER

Hi @y4sm33n, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having a problem with the BT Wifi Extender. Would you check and let us know the model number and we'll be able to point you in the right direction for help with this.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

I’m not sure how to check what the model number is. I’m looking at the back of my BT wifi extender and at the back it says the SSID, key, admin password, the helpline , input , S/N and the Wi-Fi MAC. If you mean the name of it it’s the BT Essentials Wi-Fi Extender 300. Sorry if that’s not what you mean. Do let me know what you mean. Thanks !

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Thanks for getting back to us @y4sm33n .

Are you able to use a different browser?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

I’ve tried using a different device, in terms of browsers i’ve used Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Google, Safari and FireFox. All the websites say the same thing , that the website doesn’t exist or can’t be found. The link on the manual it instructs me to press is http://192.168.1.1  . I’m not sure if this will help you but incase it makes a difference that’s the link. Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Thanks for confirming that @y4sm33n . 

I think your best bet would be to contact the helpdesk for advice on this.

If your product is within warranty:

By phone: 0808 100 6116

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm

Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

If your product is out of warranty, please call the Technical Help and Support Desk on 0800 980 899

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

What router are you using? If it is not a BT one you may be using a different subnet.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

I’m with virgin media. But on the box it says BT works with all wifi routers.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Alright, I will tomorrow and let you know if they’ve given me any advice on how to fix this. I only got it a few days ago so hopefully it’s not a big issue to fix. Thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

@y4sm33n wrote:

I’m with virgin media. But on the box it says BT works with all wifi routers.

Then the helpdesk is the best place to ask, as mentioned by @DavidM 

That is the support for that product.

Users on this forum are BT Broadband customers.

If you post on the Virgin Media forum, they may be able to give you the subnet details for your router, which should help.

https://community.virginmedia.com/

0 Ratings