cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamBeg
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Whole Home - Android Connection Issue

Certain Android phones seem to have a problem connecting to the network.  They either connect and then say "Connected but no Internet" or try to obtain an IP connect then disconnect and keep trying.  Has anyone else experienced this? I have tried resetting the entire network but it doesn't seem to help. 

I presume the problem is with the phones, not the network as I have a variety of devices connected (Android included) and have no problem with them. Just seems that a few devices (and it's always Android) have issues.  Any help would be appreciated as I can't find anything in the help section about known Android issues.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Whole Home - Android Connection Issue

have you turned off smart setup?   http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
AdamBeg
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

It's a business hub but with the Wifi disabled as we are using the Whole Home solution so I wouldn't have thought it would be that as I don't believe the business hubs have Smart Setup. Any other ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@AdamBeg 

Are you a BT Business user, as this is the residential users` forum?

0 Ratings
AdamBeg
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe  Actually I am both but as the WholeHome is a residential solution I thought it was best to post in here.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

The BT Whole Home system is just a retail product sold to any user of any ISP, so its not specific to residential usage.

Can you connect to the hub, with the Whole Home system turned off, and the hub wifi turned on? If not, then that would indicate a possible issue with your business hub, which you would have to raise on the business forum.

0 Ratings
AdamBeg
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe.  Yes, I can connect to the hub fine via ethernet and via its own Wifi (when I turn it back on).  The Whole Home works well in every respect.  I can connect various devices including Android.  The problem only seems to be with certain Android phones/tablets. I imagine its something to do with the devices (e.g. OS version) rather than a bug with the Whole Home System but wanted to ask around in case anyone else had come across it and knew of a solution or at least the answer as to what the problem is.

0 Ratings
Moonboots
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I get the same issues too with my Android phone. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont and switching between discs does not happen smoothly. It disconnects and re-connects to other discs. This is something that should not be happening. 

0 Ratings