Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andychown
Message 1 of 3

BT Whole Home Feature Request: WPS device connect from the App

Hi all,

Absolutely loving the BT Whole Home wifi, simple and elgant!

It would be great if i could hit a button in the app and allow other devices to connect using WPS. It would avoid having to use the button on a disk which normally invloves picking the disk up to find the button, then pressing it. Lazy i know but hey no harm in asking.

Cheers

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Rob364
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Whole Home Feature Request: WPS device connect from the App

Most manufacturers conform to the "WiFi Alliance " certification and at the moment there are only 3 methods of WPS connection.  You are unlikely to add another option soon.

"Wi-Fi Protected Setup now offers users three easy setup methods – Personal Identification Number (PIN), Push-Button Configuration, and NFC. With the NFC method, the user connects two or more NFC-enabled products by tapping them together. Wi-Fi Protected Setup then automatically configures the network name and activates WPA2™ security. The NFC connection method can be used to set up both traditional networks with an access point as well as Wi-Fi Direct® groups."

https://www.wi-fi.org/news-events/newsroom/wi-fi-certified-wi-fi-protected-setup-adds-nfc-tap-to-con...

0 Ratings
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Whole Home Feature Request: WPS device connect from the App

Push button configuration using a virtual button is a perfectly valid method as far as the Wi-Fi Alliance are concerned. In fact many routers already offer this through the web interface; I know TP-Link and Linksys do with some models.
0 Ratings