cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colej
Beginner
Message 11 of 113

Re: BT Whole Home Firmware v1.02.05 Build10

Regretting upgrading now - had one complete meltdown and now 3 out of the 4 discs have 'disappeared'.

I want to go back to build 01 but won't be able to.

Avoid.

0 Ratings
s1myr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 113

Day 3 new firmware. Once again a duplicate device name appears. Name was originally Xbox which had the name via the Xbox rather than given by me via a rename. Tonight the name had changed to another device in my list creating a duplicate. At the same time it had removed itself from a group. Definitely the naming issue is still a problem.
0 Ratings
colej
Beginner
Message 13 of 113

I've performed a full factory reset on all discs.  Fingers crossed...

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 113

At the end of the day, if device naming is the only problem, it won’t bother many people...is device pausing a big feature really? Disc, and hence WiFi, stability is the key thing...I updated two days ago, so far all good, including my device names. They show up correctly named and connected to the correct discs, so I’m hopeful.

0 Ratings
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 15 of 113

Not sure yet. Two discs going red a day after upgrading requiring one disc to be removed and having to reboot the whole system to get the other one back, my one of my LG tvs and iPad Pro losing their passwords and not being able to get back in the network until the whole system was restarted doesn’t look too promising, but it is early doors for this firmware and it’s been stable and fast today. Maybe the second bunch of restarts required will give me the expected stability I had with the previous interim f/w. Hope so anyway.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 16 of 113

@mikew88wrote:

At the end of the day, if device naming is the only problem, it won’t bother many people...is device pausing a big feature really? Disc, and hence WiFi, stability is the key thing...I updated two days ago, so far all good, including my device names. They show up correctly named and connected to the correct discs, so I’m hopeful.

Same here, the relaiblity is as good as ever, no issues.  If it was me, for those users having problems with groups and names, I would just concentrate on running them in vanilla form to start with and see how that goes.

0 Ratings
s1myr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 113

Pausing WiFi and having groups to use when you have teenagers in the house is a benefit of having the whole home that is diminished if you can't guarantee what you are pausing. May not be of benefit to some, but still needs fixing. I've never had an issue with reliability outside of naming on any of the firmware releases.
0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 113

I agree that if they include pausing as a product feature it should work, just don’t think it would be the main reason most consumers buy the product. I always found a big stick got my kids off the internet pretty quickly, I suppose pausing would have been more humane...😀

0 Ratings
Jaysel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 113

Finally upgraded the firmware manually a few days ago and all stable.

Then I made the mistake of Resetting the Device list so that I can delete all the duplicates.

Unfortunately, this also deleted the Access Controls I had setup and it seems that I am unable to Add Groups.

When clicking the Add Groups link, I get a blank sceen and no keyboard popup to type the group name. I tested this on both an iPhone & iPad - both had the same issue.

Has anyone else managed to Add a Group successfully?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jaysel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 113

@Jayselwrote:

Finally upgraded the firmware manually a few days ago and all stable.

Then I made the mistake of Resetting the Device list so that I can delete all the duplicates.

Unfortunately, this also deleted the Access Controls I had setup and it seems that I am unable to Add Groups.

When clicking the Add Groups link, I get a blank sceen and no keyboard popup to type the group name. I tested this on both an iPhone & iPad - both had the same issue.

Has anyone else managed to Add a Group successfully?

I have resolved this issue.

Both my ipad & iphone were set to use Apple iOS 12 as I am a Beta tester.

When I used an iPhone on iOS 11.4.1, I was able to use the app to create a group without issue.

Worth noting for when Apple roll out iOS 12 publicly in the next few weeks, as there maybe issues with this feature

0 Ratings