cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 21 of 113

Re: BT Whole Home Firmware v1.02.05 Build10

@s1myrwrote:
Pausing WiFi and having groups to use when you have teenagers in the house is a benefit of having the whole home that is diminished if you can't guarantee what you are pausing. May not be of benefit to some, but still needs fixing. I've never had an issue with reliability outside of naming on any of the firmware releases.

If the only way you can control their behaviour is by some form of technology lockout then you have to be doing something wrong.  A simple two letter word used to suffice in our house 'NO'. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 113

Thanks for the advice but use of a schedule negates the requirement to use "No". They soon learn when it goes off and know not to ask for an extension.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 113

Unfortunatly I have had to sign up to these forums having only purchased my BTWH 2 weeks ago. Everything was working fine until this update, I am now getting an issue with my IPAD in particular when streaming NOWTV that the app/ipad disconnects and tells me that I am disconnected from the Network?

I have a 3 disc system, WFI 5Ghz ~70 signl strength backhaul. Looking at the log I am seeing a deauthorisation with the ipad reason 7, I have seen old threads regarding similar issues but believed this to be fixed?

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I feel that I am going to have to send these back as they have actually solved nothing and made my network even more annoying than before. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 113

duplicate post, sorry.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 25 of 113

@Sircoyniewrote:

Unfortunatly I have had to sign up to these forums having only purchased my BTWH 2 weeks ago. Everything was working fine until this update, I am now getting an issue with my IPAD in particular when streaming NOWTV that the app/ipad disconnects and tells me that I am disconnected from the Network?

I have a 3 disc system, WFI 5Ghz ~70 signl strength backhaul. Looking at the log I am seeing a deauthorisation with the ipad reason 7, I have seen old threads regarding similar issues but believed this to be fixed?

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I feel that I am going to have to send these back as they have actually solved nothing and made my network even more annoying than before. 

Have you got your devices in groups or have you named the devices yourself?  When I updated the firmware for my disks earlier in the week the app has been updated so you can now clear out the old groups and names and start afresh.

I thought this was the ideal time to make a fresh start, so I deleted all the existing devices names and started again.  I did have to log in afresh with a couple of devices but nothing major and everything has worked like clockwork since. 

I certainly wouldn't be thinking of sending back your disks for such a minor issue as they provide a great WiFi experience.

I'm assuming your disks are reporting excellent connection or at least a good connection state?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 113

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the advice, I have reset all discs and they are connected via a good (blue) 5Ghz connection. Not sure what else to try? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 27 of 113

@Sircoyniewrote:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the advice, I have reset all discs and they are connected via a good (blue) 5Ghz connection. Not sure what else to try? 

A number of people have reported problems with Apple devices and steering, personally my Apple products have been okay.  However, one trick which has worked for many prior to the upgrade (and I did this myself) is to disable 'legacy steering' via the web page settings.

This new update is supposed to remove then need for disabling 'legacy steering' but it's definitely worth trying.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 113

How do I do that, can't find the option? Thanks.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 113

Don't worry, found it. Not sure what the point of a mesh network is if I have to do this to solve the problem?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 30 of 113

- this steering issue appears to be particularly peculiar to Apple products, though not exclusively.

Where the fault for this lies is hard to determine. Do let everyone know if it helps with your issue as the info might assist other users.
0 Ratings