Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 31 of 113

Re: BT Whole Home Firmware v1.02.05 Build10

Indeed @Jim-lad, it does. In fact Sky have noticed some oddities on newer Apple products too with their Sky Q mesh network. They’ve recently acknowledged this and are currently working on a test firmware.
0 Ratings
spiderlane
Contributor
Message 32 of 113

Stupidly updated to this version in the hope that it would stop the discs rebooting every few days by themselves. 

Sadly it's now started kicking my Nest cameras off periodically (just like a few versions ago) - was fine for a couple of days but now they get thrown off a disc (very close) and eventually they reconnect to a distant disc with a poor connection. 

Sigh, what a waste of effort this product has turned out to be. 

P.S. It still corrupts and duplicates device names. 

0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 113

So, I have disabled all steer modes aswell as trying different combinations and resets, but I am still getting the disconnecting  issue. 

In conclusion: I have paid over £160 for a system that is less stable than using 2x£15 beldin wireless extenders. Sad thing is, this only started to happen since the last update!

I am pretty sure that we won't be getting any offical response or support on these forums so I am now looking to send back to BT shop (due to a faulty product) for an alternative that is £160 and has 3xwifi discs that I can replace this flaky rubbish with?

Any help would be appreciated, I did look at google home whole wifi but can't find a 3 pack for the same price? 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 34 of 113

@Sircoyniewrote:
I am pretty sure that we won't be getting any offical response or support on these forums so I am now looking to send back to BT shop (due to a faulty product) for an alternative that is £160 and has 3xwifi discs that I can replace this flaky rubbish with?

Any help would be appreciated, I did look at google home whole wifi but can't find a 3 pack for the same price?

TP-Link Decos might be an option?

I swapped to a Deco M5 trio and have found it vastly more reliable. The only issue I have had is that I sometimes find that some devices aren't getting a usable speed. I suspect that they are connected to a poor disk rather than to the best disk.

Against the Deco is that it feels like a much cheaper product. The disks look cheap and plasticky, the app is poorly designed and very uninformative compared to the WholeHome, there is no web interface and the wifi on the M5 is lower spec. I put up with all of that because I no longer have disks dropping off the network and I don't have to reset my work VPN half a dozen times a day.

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 113

Been a strong supporter of WH and had no problems on previous firmware. Yesterday I had my first hiccup. My iPad and S7 both suddenly disconnected from the network as the disc they were connected to (kitchen disc) just disappeared even though blue light stayed on. I didn’t switch off the kitchen disc, but took iPad to study where it reconnected. I disabled all steering again as I’d enabled it for the new firmware update. My kitchen disc reconnected itself, but this time it daisychained of a bedroom disc...never had daisychaining before.However, it only reconnects at 2.4ghz when it always used to be 5ghz like all the other discs, but this isn’t a problem and it’s been stable. I will rationally monitor the situation and hopefully won’t need any further tweaks, but my gut feel from using the firmware so far is that it may not be as stable as the previous version....if I get any further hiccups I’ll just clean everything out and start again as this worked months ago on previous firmware but one.

B12B16E0-3A3F-498C-805F-20C6CB47DE6A.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 113

Had a mesh of 4 dishes connected successfully to Virgin 2.0 and recently 3.0 Hubs.  Over last year happy with the WholeHome experience except for need to reboot them every couple of weeks.  

Since upgrading to 1.02.05 Build 10, having a problem where devices cannot connect to internet.  iOS App reports the network has no internet connection, but devices wired to router work fine.

I've tried different combinations of  turning on the dishses.  I've tried factory reset.  (Am I correct that this does NOT reset the firmware) to no avail.  Can someont help me reset back to an earlier firmware (I think I was on 1.02.01 before)? or suggest another solution?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 37 of 113

@Sircoyniewrote:

So, I have disabled all steer modes aswell as trying different combinations and resets, but I am still getting the disconnecting  issue. 

In conclusion: I have paid over £160 for a system that is less stable than using 2x£15 beldin wireless extenders. Sad thing is, this only started to happen since the last update!

Thanks. 

You should have just disabled 'legacy steering' then left well alone for a few days.  The disks have to settle and find the best combinations of connections.  You keep messing with settings means you're not giving them a chance. 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 38 of 113

@spiderlanewrote:

Stupidly updated to this version in the hope that it would stop the discs rebooting every few days by themselves. 

P.S. It still corrupts and duplicates device names. 

When you state it still corrupts and duplicates device names - are these devices that you have named yourself or the devices actual names e.g. Chromecast etc ?  I don't name my devices, relying on the devices doing this themselves and I've never had so much as a comma or period out of place and definitely no duplicates.

Also when you get the disks rebooting are you checking your actual router just to check that this isn't the issue?  I say this because twice in the last four days my disks have disconnected and turned red.  My first reaction was to groan and curse myself for upgrading.  However, a quick check of my router showed a red light also.  The system had suffered a broadband drop out which was nothing to to with the disks.  The same thing happened again on Friday, yet another short outage. 

It's an easy one to miss if you're not expecting it. 

0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 39 of 113

Where is this option? I can only see Compatibility mode, is this the same setting?
0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 113

@jrhopwrote:
Where is this option? I can only see Compatibility mode, is this the same setting?

put  mybtdevice.home/steering.htm     into your address bar