Am finding an issue on this version which I didn’t have on 1.02.04-10 relating to UDP which is affecting my Sony High Def system (HAP-S1) remote app.
This uses UPD port 1900 for the service discovery & Control port for the app, and this appears not to be being carried or handled correctly on the slave discs ... if I connect to the main disc the remote works perfectly, connect to any of the others and it fails to discover the player from the app. That’s with one slave connected by Ethernet, the other by wireless, so it’s not just a wireless issue. Problem persists whether the HAP is connected by Ethernet or Wi-fi also.
This is a real PITA because you don’t always connect to the master disc, so wishing to change tracks/albums or switch sources is now a lottery unless I go stand on top of the master disc with my phone or iPad and then I may just as well poke the player directly.
I’m loathed to phone the WH helpdesk as I doubt they’ll understand what I’m talking about.
Finally upgraded the firmware manually a few days ago and all stable.
Then I made the mistake of Resetting the Device list so that I can delete all the duplicates.
Unfortunately, this also deleted the Access Controls I had setup and it seems that I am unable to Add Groups.
When clicking the Add Groups link, I get a blank sceen and no keyboard popup to type the group name. I tested this on both an iPhone & iPad - both had the same issue.
Has anyone else managed to Add a Group successfully?
I have resolved this issue.
Both my ipad & iphone were set to use Apple iOS 12 as I am a Beta tester.
When I used an iPhone on iOS 11.4.1, I was able to use the app to create a group without issue.
Worth noting for when Apple roll out iOS 12 publicly in the next few weeks, as there maybe issues with this feature
Thanks for your feedback.
The team’s aware of an issue with the forthcoming iOS12 affecting text inputs on the App.
A fix is in the works, but is unlikely to be available before Apple releases the new OS.
In meantime, we suggest you wait before upgrading to iOS12 if you regularly use the app.
We’ll keep you posted when the new App is ready.
Thanks both, I can report that although stability has increased I still get the printer dropping off and the thermostat showing no response, during this time I can still access the web interface of the printer and manage the thermostat via the Honeywell app its just the Homekit/Airprint which stops working.
I will try turning off all steering and see if it improves things further.
@mikew88 @Sircoynie With all steering disabled do devices still switch to another disc themselves, i.e. moving with iPhone/iPad from upstairs to downstairs, in my environment a device could still 'see' multiple discs but the one in the front room would be a far stronger signal than upstairs or kitchen.
When you state it still corrupts and duplicates device names - are these devices that you have named yourself or the devices actual names e.g. Chromecast etc ? I don't name my devices, relying on the devices doing this themselves and I've never had so much as a comma or period out of place and definitely no duplicates.
From my perspective it only happens with self named devices, but most of the default names for devices are meaningless e.g. I have bulbs and doorbell devices that just name themselves after the final characters of their MAC, and nameless Android phones so the self naming would be nice if reliable.
I assume I'd have to move to build 10 to get back to default naming anyway, so I think I'll stick to Build 1 for now, as it looks like 10 may have a few new stability issues.
@jrhop My portable devices are laptop, iPad, iPhones, Samsung s7 and Kindle....when moved from room to room they reconnect themselves to the nearest disc as far as I’ve noticed when I’ve tested by checking the app. The only fixed device I’ve had a problem with has been Apple Airport Express which just didn’t get on with WH. To get it to work I did what I didn’t really want to do and switched the router WiFi back on and connected it to the router 5ghz channel. My iPad (connected to WH) now sees it perfectly and it’s stable. As far as I can tell, I get no conflicts between router WiFi and WH network as all other devices have been set to forget the router WiFi.
The problem with WiFi is that so many variables can affect it e.g. geography of dwelling, construction materials used, other electrical items etc. It’s therefore almost impossible to predict that for example because a Nest device works in one property or even one location in a property that it will work in another.
This applies whichever Mesh system or Router you decide to buy.