cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrhop
Contributor
Message 71 of 113

Re: BT Whole Home Firmware v1.02.05 Build10

I agree in part with both of the last two comments, on the whole my WH is working great for laptops and iPhones/iPads but there is a definite issue with Airplay/AirPrint/HomeKit/bonjour which really needs addressing, the devices themselves don’t drop off the network, but they no longer are discoverable for Airplay/AirPrint/HomeKit services. Looking forward to a fix very soon!
0 Ratings
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 72 of 113

To be fair, it’s not just WHW, Sky have said recently on the Q hotspots there is an issue with Apple devices which they are currently testing a firmware update to resolve so whatever Apple have implemented must be slightly strange.
0 Ratings
s1myr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 113

Strange. I'm not having issues with Airprint from iPhone or iPad to an Epson printer.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 74 of 113

@s1myr, I’ve had no issues with WHW with my Apple kit, but so many with the Q hotspots. Apart from the second reboot and disc removal/add back in I had to do with the latest f/w on the WHW, touch wood, all has been stable.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 75 of 113

@Sircoyniewrote:

So this system is starting to screw itself up again.

My Device names are now starting to re-assign themselves and duplicate as well as some disc disconnection issues.

I thought this system was supposed to solve problomatic WIFI? If anything my home network is now more complex and less reliable, thanks BT! 

Hi @Sircoynie

There are still some scenarios that can cause issues with the device list naming. We have however identified the cause and these remaining issues will be fixed in the next firmware update. 

Dan-O

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 76 of 113

Thank you DanielS and the BT WH team for your continued development and fixes.
Can we still roll back if we keep a none updated disc like previous FW? I only ask with this having a new driver.
0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 77 of 113

Who cares about device naming? Maximise WiFi stability and minimise disc dropouts...that’s what wins you customers

0 Ratings
SparkyBoy72
Beginner
Message 78 of 113

For those having issues with airprint dropping after a few mins, I managed to resolve it within my household and it's not related to Whole Home setup even though it appears this way due to the wifi connection.

For me, the issue was with a setting on the Sky Q Router. You need to enable 'Multicast' for the bonjour service to maintain the connection. Without it, the service drops after a few mins. Once I enabled the setting, it has been rock solid for 2 weeks now with the  printer always being available for airprint on the wifi network. 

The setting is: Advanced -> LAN IP Setup -> Enable MLD Querier 

Sircoynie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 79 of 113

May help some so good point however I believe most people will have the wifi on there ISP router disabled and the BT Whole Home dedicated to all local connections?
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 80 of 113

From memory bonjour enables Windows and Apple to share the same printer but it's been a while I may be wrong.
0 Ratings