cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrhop
Contributor
Message 81 of 113

Re: BT Whole Home Firmware v1.02.05 Build10

It will still affect LAN traffic, I have enabled it but the jury is still out for me, I have seems no response on my HomeKit device, will test for longer and see if it’s any different.
0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 82 of 113

Bonjour is the underlying protocol for lots of Apple services, it’s designed to work so you don’t have to configure a printer, speaker etc, it will just discover it on the network - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_(software)
0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 83 of 113

I have no problems using AirPrint to print from my iPad to my HP printer using my WH network...smooth as clockwork

SparkyBoy72
Beginner
Message 84 of 113

I also have the wifi on the router disabled and just use the BT Whole Home for all wifi. However the bonjour protocol is managed by the router where multicast option needs to be set.
Ive suffered with the same issues until the multicast setting was discovered.
0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 85 of 113

The MLD querier is for IPv6 only, I don’t believe there is a configurable option for IPv4 version in the Sky Q router, I think it is on by default. I have set it and still seeing the same issues with my devices, to me it feels like a WiFi issue, I am using network analyser app pro and when I do a scan the WIFi bonjour devices, don’t report there bonjour services, ones connected by Ethernet are and are working fine. Together with Dan-O reports a known issue from BT, hopefully fixed very soon!
0 Ratings
SparkyBoy72
Beginner
Message 86 of 113

The other change I had to make was to reserve an IP address on the router for the printer. I'm surprised it has not helped as we have been able to AirPrint to the HP Printer constantly for a few weeks now and the Wifi is totally controlled by BT Wholehome. The printer is also connected via wifi.

Oh well, good luck with the other actions 🙂
0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 87 of 113

Interesting read here, together with what I said before about BT being aware of some issues, also the fact that this worked fine when I first put in the BT WH in, with the same other equipment, Sky Q etc, suggests to me it’s a bug with BT WH.

https://superuser.com/questions/730288/why-do-some-wifi-routers-block-multicast-packets-going-from-w...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 88 of 113

@jrhop, but Sky have also acknowledged a issue with multiple Q hotspots and Apple devices so the issue isn’t just a WHW issue, see here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/IPhone-8-Plus-and-Sky-Q-hub-WiFi-Connection-Dropping/m-p/2890...
0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 113

My Airport express which i use for AirPlay2 is now unable to keep a connection for longer than 5 mins. I think this is connected to the bonjour service issues we are all having. @bt when can we expect a fix?
0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 113

@Dan-O any update on the update to fix the names and bonjour (Apple devices) issues?
0 Ratings