cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sircoynie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 113

Re: BT Whole Home Firmware v1.02.05 Build10

@Graculus Set the update to the middle of the day?

0 Ratings
absolute40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 113

@Sircoyniewrote:

@Graculus Set the update to the middle of the day?

I've disabled the auto update, and only update manually (when I feel brave enough), based on favourable early adopters feedback on this forum. And I only do the manual update when I have time to fix/troubleshoot any issues, and when I won't get too much grief for the Internet being down. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Graculus
Beginner
Message 63 of 113

Setting the update to the middle of the day doesn't solve the root issue that the discs don't boot back into a stable condition after an update. However, it would solve my alarm issues.
0 Ratings
arc1969
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 113

I fully updated a week ago, did a reset of device names and it was all ok for week. Duplicates started appearing again today 😞

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 65 of 113

Hi @jrhop

@jrhopwrote:

Thanks both, I can report that although stability has increased I still get the printer dropping off and the thermostat showing no response, during this time I can still access the web interface of the printer and manage the thermostat via the Honeywell app its just the Homekit/Airprint which stops working.

I will try turning off all steering and see if it improves things further.

@mikew88 @Sircoynie With all steering disabled do devices still switch to another disc themselves, i.e. moving with iPhone/iPad from upstairs to downstairs, in my environment a device could still 'see' multiple discs but the one in the front room would be a far stronger signal than upstairs or kitchen.

There is a known issue with Airprint/some other network discovery protocols which will be fixed in a future firmware update. I expect this may be causing the issues you're currently seeing. Check back on the forum for details of the update when it is released.

Dan-O

Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 66 of 113

Hi @Dan-O and thanks for the post, glad to hear that BT are aware of the issue, hopefully a fix is coming soon, ive been tearing my hair out trying to understand this issue, looks to be like the airplay/airprint/homekit all use Apple bonjour/mDNS for discovery/communication and this traffic is intermittantly being dropped or not forwarding to all BT WH discs.

Guess you would have said, but any rough time frame for the new firmware?

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 67 of 113

Update from my side, I was firmly in the previous v1.02.05 Build"01" camp of having various problems after a few days, with discs dropping off the network, until I switched off "Legacy Steering". Since then,  I've had no issues, until upgrading to v1.02.05 Build"10" . Now the demons are back, even with legacy steering off, with discs dropping off after a few days Smiley Mad

I have recieved the advice below from BT by email;

"Please press the factory reset button on the back of all the discs. Wait for the solid blue light to come back on then open the app and repeat the setup of the discs.

You don't need to disable the legacy steering again after this."

So I've just done the factory reset above, left Legacy Steering "ON" and will now see what happens. Finger crossed Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 68 of 113

Good luck, I’ve done a reset and still having issues.
0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 113

So this system is starting to screw itself up again.

My Device names are now starting to re-assign themselves and duplicate as well as some disc disconnection issues.

I thought this system was supposed to solve problomatic WIFI? If anything my home network is now more complex and less reliable, thanks BT! 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 70 of 113

@Sircoyniewrote:

So this system is starting to screw itself up again.

My Device names are now starting to re-assign themselves and duplicate as well as some disc disconnection issues.

I thought this system was supposed to solve problomatic WIFI? If anything my home network is now more complex and less reliable, thanks BT! 

They will re-assign themselves, that’s how they work. As for the duplication, I suspect there is a bug in the naming protocol. That is why I don’t use it and could be one of the reasons why I’ve never had any issues with WH. 

0 Ratings