Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMHill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Whole Home - MacBook Pro won’t connect

Go to solution

Hi. I have a fairly new BT Whole Home network in my house (4 discs) and a MacBook Pro. The MBP was using the network fine for a while (weeks) but then I noticed I was getting dropouts and now it just won’t stay connected at all - it connects for like 1 second then drops again. Plenty of other devices (between 5 and 10 at any time - none doing heavy online stuff) happily connected and switching between discs etc as we walk around the house.

just that I have to use the MBP for work so annoying that it’s just this that is having issues. I would blame the MBP except that if I connect to the router rather than the whole home hub then the MBP has a rock solid connection. So I’m pretty sure it’s the whole home hub system. But have no idea why it might have decided to single this device out.

if anyone can help that would be amazing!

thank you in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
kevin_marchant
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Whole Home - MacBook Pro won’t connect

Go to solution

I have the premium disks with the master disk in my home office connected to my router in the same room.

I had a weird connection problem recently with my Macbook Air which worked perfectly until then.  When sat in the office the Macbook refused to connect to the disk mere feet away but insisted on a slow 2.4GHz connection to a disk some 15 metres away.

Only solution for me was to factory reset the disks.  Works perfectly since - fast 5Ghz connection to local disk.

So the "standard answer" is check you're on the most recent firmware; power cycle all the disks; if that fails try a factory reset.

0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi TMHill,

As kevin_marchant suggested, a power cycle after a firmware update should hopefully help.

If not, and you are still seeing the issue, please try using the "Reset Device List" function in the app (found under Settings) to se if that solves your issue with your MacBook Pro.

0 Ratings
TMHill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Yes - the reset worked. My MBP connected and stayed online for a while. I have other issues now but will start a new thread for those

0 Ratings
TMHill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Kevin. This worked

0 Ratings