cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Whole Home Mini Discs will not work with more than 1 disc turned on.

I have had a set of 3 BT whole home mini discs for 5 months. Until today I had BT internet and all discs were connected to the BT home home via ethernet/powerline (I get > 700Mbs over the powerline link). This provided strong Wifi throughout the house. I disabled the WIFI on the BT home hub.

I have now changed to Zen Internet witha Fritz!Box 7530. I have disabled the wifi on this box. But now, if I have more than 1 disc turned on, the wifi will not connect because of bad authentication, or it just wont connect at all. I have performed a firmware reset on all discs and set up again and had the same result. All hubs reports as being connected via ethernet.

When I look at the network status screen when I connect directly to the disc IP address, the topology suggests the  2nd and 3rd disc are connected to the first disc, not the hub.
Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Whole Home Mini Discs will not work with more than 1 disc turned on.

@skydivertricky 

I would factory reset all of the discs and the powerline adapters, and start again. Your new router is probably on a different subnet to the BT Home Hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Like I said, I already factory reset all the discs - same problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

What happens now is that the 2nd and 3rd disc show an orange light, indicating weak signal. This never used to happen with the BT home hub.  They are in the same positions they were previously when it all worked without an issue. Was the BT home hub acting as a co-ordinator in some way?

All discs are connected via ethernet.

0 Ratings