Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Whole Home Mini

Hello

I purchased the 3 pack BT Whole Home Mini set last month and the main reason for purchasing other than to extend my networks throughout the house was to be able to have a guest network, something I could use to easily recognise a guest device and block / pause if needed.

I have downloaded the latest app and setup the network easily enough but when a device connects to the guest network, they do not list within the guest tab of the app. They connect OK, but are listed in the general list of devices.

Is it the same app for the other, larger BT Whole Home devices and this page is used by those and not the mini?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Whole Home Mini

Hi @mw2019 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. You would be best to check with the product helpdesk and I'm sure they'll be able to clarify this for you. They can be contacted on 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.30pm and Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm) or you can drop them an email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I have emailed them now and wait their response. I thought from other posts on here others may have experienced the same issue. I appreciate the contact details. Many thanks Mark
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

You should see the names of all devices connected to your network, together with those in groups and scroll down to see any that are off-line (devices previously connected to your network).
Tapping on any of the devices shown, will open a Device Information menu where you can update access controls (add/remove from a group, rename or block a device). The Admin password is required to make changes.
I believe the Whole Home Premium and Whole Home Gen 1 currently have more control of device lists and scheduling etc than the Mini. (this may change)
I just checked my app on android device, and when you click on Guest Wi-Fi at the bottom you can see the devices connected. I then turned off the device connected and re-opened the Whole Home app and the device was not listed, but it’s listed in off-line devices.
I would recommend you reload the latest app try again
Are you using iPhone or Android App ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I have iPhone/iPads. Strangely when I got home last night one of the iPads was showing in the guest device list which it never had before, but another iPhone that I was trying to add which was connected to the guest network but was not listed. I have reloaded the app and no change. BT support have responded and have asked for some info, when I hear anything from them I will post updates here. thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 6

Hi mw2019,

The BT Whole Home App should list the Guest Devices in the following locations.

Mini Guest DevicesMini Guest Devices

Could you share any screenshots if you are seeing a different behaviour within the App.

Can you also confirm what version you currently have installed?

Many Thanks

Darren_B

0 Ratings