Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Curious39
Beginner
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT Whole Home Premium - Master Disk Red Issue

Hi DrBell17,

I am also using the same discs and having similar(maybe the same) problem. Maste disc becomes RED, other discs blue. Devices connected to Whooe Home network have Wi-Fi connection but can't access the Internet.

An issue in firmware release SGAB202226 and below causes the Master Disc (connected to your broadband modem/router) to fragment DHCP requests when sending them to the modem, this in-turn triggers a null response from most SPI Firewalls that most routers are equipped with. -->  How did you see that Master disc fragments DHCP requests when sending them to the modem? I have checked Virgin Hub 3.0 logs, but there are no useful logs there.

Have a nice week.

0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 17

I'm using BT's own Smart Hub 2 and I am also having loads of issues with this system (I have the original and loved it). Seems these are not yet (helpfully will be one day) fit for purpose and I would recommend people return them asap.

0 Ratings
Oi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

This is all very well but is it not advertised as plug and play a lot of people can’t even do this to set them up THEY ARE RUBBISH compared to the standard disk.
0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 14 of 17

Hi all,

The fix for the primary disc turning red (can be seen when using with a Virgin Hub 3.0) will be released very soon. Please contact the helpdesk on btconnectedhome@bt.com and they will be able to arrange for you to have access to this firmware as soon as it is available.

Dan-O

Oi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

The FIX how long has this product been on market ? Virgin hub 3 have been out there much longer so it goes to show no testing done and states will work on any network in all the blurb JUNK

Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 17

I am guessing that we aren't going to be seeing this now until next week at the earliest. Please give us some timescales, we are like most probably like you and working from home relying on this system in order to be productive. Just be more honest with us.
Writerman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

I have a problem with my Virgin hub in that DHCP regularly stops working. The only way I can get (say) an Android device to connect is by configuring the device to use a predetermined, fixed, IP. Is there some way to configure my master BT disc to a fixed IP? Merely reserving it in the router's reserved IP table isn't sufficient because the router seems incapable of dishing out IP addresses, fixed.

Long term solution is to badger Virgin into replacing the router but I'm looking for a quick temporary fix.

0 Ratings