Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Whole Home Premium WiFi - 2 discs working, 2 discs will not setup

Go to solution

I have bought a 4 pack of BT WHW Premium discs.  It was supplied as a 3 pack and a single disc.

First disc connected with cable to my Sky Q Hub setup fine.  Second disc setup fine.  Third disc from the 3 pack will not setup.  Even in the same room less than a meter from the 1st disc, it keeps showing the red light.  App says to hold the WPS button for 5 seconds until the green light flashes, choose next in the app, and the 1st disc green light starts flashing as well, but third disc eventually always goes back to red light and the app reports a setup failure and suggests pressing the WPS button to try again.

I have powered off all discs, and started them gradually.  I have factory reset the third disc.  The setup always results in the red light.

I then tried the fourth disc from the separate pack, and that does exactly the same as the third disc.

To summarise, two discs working fine, I can connect devices and the WiFi is working fine (I’m using it to post this message).  Two discs will not complete setup, physically located in the same room as the 1st disc.

If anyone can offer advise before I box this lot back up and return it, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Whole Home Premium WiFi - 2 discs working, 2 discs will not setup

Go to solution

Hi @Greenway,

I am sorry to see that you're having problems getting setup.

Can you contact our helpdesk for help, please?

They can be reached on 0808 100 6116, Mon to Fri 9am-5.30pm, Saturday 9am-2pm.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I’ve had similar problems trying to use WPS.  It is much quicker to plug all the satellite disks into the master disk via ethernet for the initial setup - so use the spare Ethernet cable that came with the extra disk pack to plug each disk from its port 1 into port 2 on the master disk.  Press the factory reset pinhole on each disk immediately after powering it on for 10 seconds just to be sure it’s vanilla.

In the app it will show as something like “unnamed”.  You can click on it, rename it to what you eventually want it to be called and move on to the next disk.  Relocate each disk to where you want it via WiFi afterwards.  Total set up time - a couple of minutes per disk.

I’ve factory reset my disks many times I’ve got it down to an art 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you so much for your suggestion, what a simple process!

All four discs now setup and working.

Richard.

0 Ratings