cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janette35
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Whole Home - Remote unblock kids devices

In the summer holidays, I would like to “unpause” the WiFi when I’m at work only once my teenagers have sent me a photo (using 4G, of course) proving they’ve done their chores for the day e.g. tidy kitchen.

Any ideas of if/how I could achieve this using BT Whole Home given that I’ll not be on the WiFi network at the time? I don’t think the usual “Pause” facilities would work but could I use the Guest WiFi in some way? Perhaps setting a new password for that each day and tell them it when chores are done?

maybe you can think of something easier?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Whole Home - Remote unblock kids devices

Trust your kids?

They will circumvent any restrictions anyway.

If they have 4G, what's the point of blocking wifi anyway?

0 Ratings
janette35
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I don’t mind them texting their friends but it’s the constant YouTube and Netflix that distracts them - they’ve not got enough data to do that 

interestingly, they think my “get the chores done” scheme is actually a good idea!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @janette35 I don't believe there are any features within the Whole Home wifi equipment that will work for this purpose but have you considered setting up parental controls these are applied at network level and you can customise them to come on and off at specific times or you can turn them on on or off by logging into your BT ID.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Hi you can not currently do anything with Whole Home. However if you can lock away the WiFi kit. Purchase a WiFi extender hotspot like BT Essentials Wi-Fi Extender 300 or somthing that is not power line and  smart plug about £25. (See BT shop) you could power up the WiFi hotspot over the web.

0 Ratings