Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Whole Home Unable to Detect Additional Disc

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could help me. I bought a pack of 3 wi-fi whole home discs to extend the wi-fi in my house. Setup was easy and they are working excellent. I bought an additional add-on disc to put in 1 of the bedrooms. I cannot seem to connect this one. I am following the simple instructions and I plug it in connect to the router via ethernet etc and it goes blue. When it comes to the part in the application where it says finding new disc it just stays on this for ages and then comes up saying unable to detect new disc. I have tried everything including resetting, different ethernet ports etc and still no luck. I even sent back a disc and got a new one as thought the disc was faulty. Still no luck. It seems very simple to setup but I just cannot get past this stage all it says is unable to detect new disc even though I have followed the instructs and the disc is blue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Whole Home Unable to Detect Additional Disc

Can you confirm that you have Whole Home Gen 1 discs and the add-on is also a Whole Home Gen 1.
If yes:-
see this video on a simple set-up of an extra disc:
https://youtu.be/57g6vO1KViE
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

It is the latest generation- it has the new BT logo on it (no colours). Yes I follow that video and the app but it just says unable to recognise disc even though the disc is blue so frustrating 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

As you can't Mix types so I am asking if they are the same size, i.e. all Whole Home Gen 1, Whole Home Mini or Whole Home Premium, you can check by looking at the first part of the S/No i.e BT Add-on disc for Whole Home WiFi starts +091073.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Yes all the same types - the first one I bought was not but then made sure I bought the same one so it would work but still not working

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Ok try this with the main set connected to the hub, connect the add on disc to the hub and turn it on.
Then factory reset the add-on disc with both sets connected and turned on.
Wait for solid blue LEDs and then power down the add on and using the app follow the add another disc.
When you have finished check all the discs have the latest firmware.
If you still have a problem using the app and Help - email and share to contact the Helpdesk with a set of disc logs.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Yes just tried this and still the same thing. Don’t get it it’s so simple and it’s the disc has gone blue but the app just can’t find the additional disc it’s so frustrating 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

If you look at the available WiFi SSID’s can you see two that are Whole Home of just the one from the main set? If yes (2) then the factory reset with it connected to the HUB at the same time as the originals didn’t work.
Reload the Whole home app and go to settings > Network > Network Map you may be asked for the admin password, see if the disc is visible but not named?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Nope the disc is not visible on the network map or anything - it’s like it’s not there

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Running out of ideas,. Try turning off the original discs connect the add-on disc to try the hub and then try to connect and update the firmware on the add-on.
If this works turn off reconnect the original discs and try add on again.
If that fails I would open the app (Help) (email) and email the Helpdesk
0 Ratings