Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
est1865
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

BT Whole Home W10 Cant Connect to Network

Go to solution

Just purchased BT Whole Home worked straight out the box really happy with coverage turned off wireless on HH6 , updated to latest firmware 

Multiple devices connected TV , Nest, Phones/Tablet, W7, PC, Macbook no issues great speed

Stranglely have one device a Dell Laptop running W10 that cant connect to BT Whole Home it can see network accepts p/w but just returns "cant connect to network"

If i turn the HH6 wifi back on it connects straight away and can connect to BT Wifi with FON etc just not to the whole home network

Woud be grateful if anyone could help , out of choice would prefer to turn HH6 network off 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT Whole Home W10 Cant Connect to Network

Go to solution

What Wireless Adapter does the Dell PC have?

Have you checked the manufacturer website for an updated driver? It may be a problem with an old driver?

0 Ratings
est1865
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Hi ,

Thanks for reply im at a total loss , its a Intel Centrino Advanced N - N6205 , i updated the the driver to the lastest v (19.70) from intel site , updated the BIOS from Dell all giiving same result , It still happily connects to other networks just wont communicate with the Whole Home Wifi 

0 Ratings
dazla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Hi,

All laptops with the Intel Centrino Advanced N N6205 chipset seems to have a problem connecting to Whole Home Wifi with the current firmware version (v1.02.01build24).

My Lenovo X230 has the same problem. It's the only device I have that won't connect, and yet works fine everywhere else.

Interestingly, I can sometimes get it attached to my disc that is connected to the broadband router but during use it slows down all the other discs to the state that they end up rebooting and dropping connection to everything else!

Daz

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

You could buy a small wireless dongle for a few pounds which you could use instead of the computer's the onboard wireless adaptor. If you decide to use one make sure you turn off the computer's onboard wireless adaptor.

est1865
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for all  replies , will stick a workaround in until hopefully Intel or BT update their firmware/drivers

0 Ratings
dazla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution
Yes... that’s what I’ve done. I’ve temporarily re-enabled a different 5Ghz SSID on my router until the Whole Home WiFi firmware gets updated.
est1865
Beginner
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks Daz , did exactly the same, just an old laptop used for teenage homework, 😊 glad I posted now v helpful
dgw1
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

I had a Windows 10 laptop which would play up. I changed the properties of the WLAN adapter to just b/g and it connects solidly now. Might be worth a try.

gdburton1
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks very much for the tip. Setting Wireless Mode to 802.11b/a  worked for me.

0 Ratings