cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hj1987
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Whole Home WIFI - 3rd disc won't connect to 2nd disc, only to first

Is there anyway to ensure that the third of our 3 BT Whole Home WIFI discs connects to the second disc, rather than getting the weak signal from the master disc?

At the moment we have:

Disc 1:

--Disc 2 -- Disc 3

I would like:

Disc 1:

--Disc 2:

----Disc3

Hope that makes sense?! Thanks in advance for any help.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ioannis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Whole Home WIFI - 3rd disc won't connect to 2nd disc, only to first

There’s no way to do this manually. You’ll have to power on the third disk after the second has initialised and connected to the master disk. Hopefully then it will recognise the second disk as the closest one. I’ve had the same issue with one of mine and that was the only way I could get it to connect to the closest disk. I’ve found that if the signal difference is not dramatic it will aim to connect to the master disk for what I assume is to reduce latency through multiple hops 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @hj1987 and welcome.

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Have you tried the advice posted by @ioannis. Can you post back and let us know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

@ioannis wrote:

There’s no way to do this manually. You’ll have to power on the third disk after the second has initialised and connected to the master disk. Hopefully then it will recognise the second disk as the closest one. I’ve had the same issue with one of mine and that was the only way I could get it to connect to the closest disk. I’ve found that if the signal difference is not dramatic it will aim to connect to the master disk for what I assume is to reduce latency through multiple hops 

And to add, if you are certain you want it to connect via the second disc (which will add latency and reduce overall performance) to get a stronger signal, you could try moving the third disc slightly further away from the first disc to influence the disc decision making to pick which to connect to.

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

My 3rd disk sorted itself out after being left for a few days.

0 Ratings