cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasontrk
Beginner
Message 21 of 23

Re: BT Whole Home WIFI- Unable to have 2 Discs connected via cable to the router

Hi, having read your post, this is a concern for me also. I was intending on connecting each disc with ethernet cable. I have 350mb virgin connection and want to get as close to its max speed as possible. Can you provide an update on whether you resolved this whole 'master' issue?

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 22 of 23

Re: BT Whole Home WIFI- Unable to have 2 Discs connected via cable to the router

@jasontrkwrote:

Hi, having read your post, this is a concern for me also. I was intending on connecting each disc with ethernet cable. I have 350mb virgin connection and want to get as close to its max speed as possible. Can you provide an update on whether you resolved this whole 'master' issue?

Speaking for my own setup I have dispensed with the powerline adapters for subsequent disks.  The reason being that the slightest bit of interference on the ring main seemed to provoke dropouts on the connected disk.  I found this out after one or two hiccups and viewing the log information at lenght.  

Once I switched back to wireless I've never had an issue since, plus my speeds via wireless have been more than up to the job for my needs e.g. streaming 4K from Netflix and Amazon Prime.

0 Ratings
Adski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 23

I’ve always had mine set up like that, one disc connected in lounge directly to the router, one upstairs connected via Ethernet on a TP Link home plug - home plug linked to the router and a third disc in the back room downstairs that wirelessly links to the lounge one.  Never had an issue with the setup, only every few months the TP Link Home plugs fail and need rebooting - not a fault of the Wholehome discs.

0 Ratings