cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Whole Home WIFI disc stuck solid purple after power outage

Go to solution

I had intermittent power outages in my house, now sorted, but the master disc didn't rejoin the mesh.

It's now stuck on solid purple even after multiple goes at the factory reset button.

It's now offering the "arcadyandefault" SSID and not resetting to the BT "factory" defaults.

Tried factory resets connected to the hub. Tried factory resets not connected to anything.

Tried multiple reboots. Tried the 30/30/30 reset method just a minute ago (but the arcadyandefault SSID had appeared before then).

I'd like the disc to rejoin the mesh, but I appear to be stuck. Any ideas? Is it dead Jim?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Whole Home WIFI disc stuck solid purple after power outage

Go to solution

Hi @rafikibob 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the problems that you've had with your Whole Home Wifi kit following the power outages you experienced.  Your best bet is to have a word with product support.  I have included their contact details below:

RobbieMac_0-1611772497123.png

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie, yep, I emailed them yesterday. Will see what comes back.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@rafikibob wrote:

Thanks Robbie, yep, I emailed them yesterday. Will see what comes back.

Awesome thanks for letting me know @rafikibob  😊

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Their reply was a bit weird, and I read similar on here. “Yeah it’s broken, exchange it with the retailer”.

Well hold up.

1.) It’s past the return window with Amazon. They aren’t going to replace it for me are they? Click on “get support” on the order and it goes to BT. Setting me up for BT saying goto Amazon and Amazon saying goto BT.

2.) it’s part of a triple pack, i’m not putting my family through sending 2 perfectly working discs away during lockdown

3.) I don’t have the original packing.

They didn’t ask when it was purchased, or from who, or anything at all about it or me.

Other people have reported being told the same thing and being stuck with nobody taking action so hopefully that won’t happen here. Not a good reply from them but I’ve queried it and we’ll see.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Well I take it back, Amazon have refunded the cost of 1 disc so I can order a replacement without having to send anything back. Colour me surprised and delighted.

Not sure that's the end of the story because the discs say they have 3yr warranty but Amazon say they'll do support for 2 years....lol

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

You must have been lucky @rafikibob 

I've got the same issue and Amazon have told me to contact the manufacturer, despite still being inside the 3 years.

Here we go, off to BT support...

0 Ratings