cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jm51roe
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi - All 3 Discs Red

Brand new user, unboxed pack of 3 discs last night.

• Connected 1st disc to router in Living Room - connected to SSID.
  • Connected 2nd disc to  power socket in Kitchen and followed 'Add Disc' wizard with location test.
  • Connected 3rd disc to power socket in Bedroom and followed 'Add Disc' wizard with location test.
  • All discs blue and working, with excellent location (good for Bedroom).

Woke up this morning and all 3 discs showing Red.

• No BT Whole Home SSID being broadcast, so unable to connect via app and see status.
  • Power cycled disc 1, purple light, then flashes blue and turns to solid red.
  • Powered off discs 2 & 3 and repeated power cycle of disc 1, sold red once more.

I'm stuck on how to progress and get the SSID for at least disc 1 back up and running.

I would appreciate some help and advice, happy to provide further info to help troubleshoot.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Whole Home Wi-Fi - All 3 Discs Red

Hi @jm51roe, sorry you're having problems.

First thing first, can you confirm that your broadband is working and your broadband hub/router gives out a working Internet connection.
Without using the discs, connect one of your device either to the Ethernet or Wifi of your original router. Does that give you access to the internet okay? Keep it going for a little while as your connection could be intermittent.

If internet is working okay this way then I suggest you call the helpdesk.

BT Device ExpertBruno
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
jm51roe
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your reponse.

My broadband is working correctly when connecting devices to the SSID of my router.

Firmware version is: v1.02.04 build 10.
When attempting to check for updates error "There was a problem completing the firmware update,
Please try again in a few minutes".

Any ideas on how to resolve the above?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 8

Hi again. What service provider do you have, and what router?

Are you using standard configuration on your router or have you changed some settings?

I'm asking this because it *looks like* your router is blocking some traffic.

BT Device ExpertBruno
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
jm51roe
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi, thank you for your reply again.

Service provider is 'EE' and I have the 4GEE Home Router.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 8

Ok, I have no experience of the 4GEE router (that's broadband on 4G without fixed line, isn't it?). But I've made some enquiries internally.

In the meantime, have you tried to reboot your router?

Other things to eliminate:

1. are you able to try another ethernet cable to connect your first disc?
  2. try swapping the disc around and use another of your disc as the one connected to your router. This would eliminate a hardware issue with the ethernet port

BT Device ExpertBruno
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
jm51roe
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I have rebooted the EE router twice, no difference to the issue.
When attempting to use disc 2 and 3 as the primary do I need to factory reset before unplugging power and connecting to router via Ethernet cable? If so how do I go about this please?
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 8 of 8

Hi @jm51roe, I've just realised you're the same person I just responded on the other thread.

Does your other thread mean that the inability to update is your only remaining issue, or do you still have the 3 Red lights issue? If the former, you might be better off creating a new thread with a clear title to raise attention to others who may have same issue.

I've got confirmation from EE that your set-up should work "out of the box". Have you changed any config in your 4GEE router that could be blocking traffic?

If not, go with the full rebooting advice I put on other thread, then let us know. 

If that hasn't worked, then a full reset of your discs would indeed be the next step. Reset the first disc (pinhole on back), when that's done, take your other discs one by one, connected them to your router, then press pinhole. Then relocste them back where they were.

BT Device ExpertBruno
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings