cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi Premium Ethernet Status Disconnected

Go to solution

My router is a Huawei H112-370 5G unit provided by Three. I've had it for almost a year now. When connected by ethernet cable directly to my PC I get typical speeds of 60Mbps according to Google's speed test and 40Mbps on my phone via the router's Wi-Fi. Sadly the router Wi-Fi is fast but not strong hence I use a BT mesh.

I've had a 4 disc (3 + 1) BT Whole Home Premium setup since November. There were some initial issues with 2.4GHz devices, but having resolved these (enable compatibility mode) it has been working well until a few days ago. Various devices started to lose connections, including my mobile phone. I went through the loop of restarting everything.

The router seems to always manage a strong fast Wi-Fi and direct connections work well. 

Resetting the mesh seemed to fix the problem for an hour or so but then it started acting up again. So I reset it from scratch, each time deleting and reinstalling the app. Yesterday things got worse; after the first three discs were configured I went through the process of adding number 4. It seemed to add the disc OK, but then told me the master disc was not configured. The app took me back to installing them all from scratch. I tried that a few times before giving up on disc 4 altogether.

I had a few hours last night when all was well with just 3 discs. I woke up this morning and my phone could not connect to the mesh Wi-Fi. I did a factory reset on the master disc and now it comes on with a blue light but no Wi-Fi.

I accessed btwhole.home via the IP address from the router. Status | Discs shows

Ethernet Status:

Disconnected

I've tried swapping discs 1 and 2 and resetting but neither is broadcasting an SSID to connect to.

Software Version:

SGAB205018

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Whole Home Wi-Fi Premium Ethernet Status Disconnected

Go to solution

The "Ethernet Status Disconnected" issue turned out to be a problem with the router. That has now been resolved.