cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT Whole Home Wi-Fi

So i think that in speed terms wired is fastest, repeated slowest and mesh somewhere in between depending on how they handle the back haul.

So is the BT Wholehome a mesh solution do we know because fankly wiring the access popints in my house would be a major pain in the backside. I may well be prepared to sacrifice some performance for the simplicity.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

The other option is Ethernet connectivity via homeplug hotspots.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 14

@jamthesun wrote:

So i think that in speed terms wired is fastest, repeated slowest and mesh somewhere in between depending on how they handle the back haul.

So is the BT Wholehome a mesh solution do we know because fankly wiring the access popints in my house would be a major pain in the backside. I may well be prepared to sacrifice some performance for the simplicity.

Agreed about the speed point.

As for whether the BT solution is a mesh.... I can find very few details on the BT solution. If you do a Google search for 'bt whole home wifi mesh' you'll find a few references saying it's a mesh e.g., a comment about Google's WiFi in The Register post, and the BT product description from a high street retailer. Interestingly nothing relating to mesh if the search is limited to BT sites.

My money would be on it being a mesh, but even if it is, we've all seen posts relating to the reliability and stability of WiFi on the Smart Hub on this forum. Not sure I'd trust them to have got the mesh WiFi right just yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

I have just bought one of these, after a year of try to watch television in a room with bad connectivity. I tried all sorts of wi fi extenders etc, but nothing worked. I had two rooms in the house which were particularly bad and nothing I did make any difference long term.

Well, it might be expensive, but it works brilliantly. Slight adjustment needed at first to get the best connections in the house, but now I can watch tv without listening to every other word. Expensive, but excellent product.

0 Ratings