Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi

Hello,

I have been told by BT to get the "BT Whole Home Wifi" to improve the existing wifi issues...
Do you know with the discs that come with "BT Whole Home Wifi", I will have to continue to use the existing BT Hub 6?

Thank you

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Whole Home Wi-Fi

Whole Home wi-fi relates to These wi-fi discs and are yours to own after the one-off charge.

If you have Superfast Fibre from BT then your other option is Complete wi-fi but you never own these devices and would have to return them if you downgraded or moved to another provider, complete wi-fi has 1 monthly cost with only a one off £9.99 postage charge for the delivery, however you do get a guarantee and support with complete wi-fi.

Have a look over both options and decide what suits you best 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Bought two packs of three.  The first time I have had fast, uninterupted WiFi in the whole of the house!!!

Watch my instalation and review:  https://www.cloughsstuff.com/blog/full-wifi-coverage

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi,
Just spoke to BT. They will send me an upgrade to my existing smart hub. The new one is called smart hub 2. They will also send a single disc. They waved the delivery charge. Monthly charge of £5 for 18 month. By the way, at present we have the full BT package i.e. broadband, TV, calls, sports,etc.
They will send additional disks for free if WiFi signal is not going to be good.
Question
Do you think I should keep on using the existing smart hub 6 or should I use the one they'll send (smart hub 2) ? It's just that we have a lot of devices set to use existing hub and alot of parent control settings.
Thankyou
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

I looked into the smart Hub 2 and the single black disk but it wouldnt work for me unfortunately.  I needed 6 of the white ones to get decent cover in my house because of the shape and build.  I would have gone for it and added some of the white disks but unfortunately, from everything I've read, the black and white disks are not compatible.  If you can get away with the hub and a single disc go for it.  If the gaurentee is to send out more disks FOC if the coverage isnt great then even better.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Also, you dont need to worry about swapping out the hub to a new one.  Just change the network name to the same and all the devices will lock on automatically.  You will need to set up your parent setting again though but if you do it through the app like with the white disks, it's a breeze.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Many thanks
0 Ratings