Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreaferns120472
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi

I would like to know how to connect devices to my BT wholehome wi-fi using
the app, as some devices automatically go back to connecting to the smarthub and I
do not want to keep having to go onto each device to reconnect them back
to the wholehome.  Any advise would be much appreciated

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Whole Home Wi-Fi

Hi @andreaferns120472 it's recommended to either forget the Smart Hub wifi from your devices or turn off the wifi signal on the Hub to help improve your Whole home wifi performance.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
MotBarber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Have installed Whole Home wi-fi discs from app, as instructed. Am left confused. The instructions do not make clear whether I leave the original hub on, with new disc connecting by ethernet to it, or whether, once set up, I should plug new disc directly into the supply at source, and throw away the original hub.  Am asking this before I go round attaching all other devices, like chromecast, to new wifi.

Please help if you know the answer.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Hi #MotBarber, If you are using the Whole Home Wi-Fi now, and not the HUB/Routers Wi-Fi for any other devices, why not rename your Whole Home Wi-Fi SSIS (see the App) to your HUB’s old SSID and password and turn off the Wi-Fi on the HUB /Router.
Then all your existing connections by Wi-Fi should just see the Whole Home Network.
You have to keep the original hub connected to the first disc as this connects to the internet, just turn the HUBS Wi-Fi off.
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 5 of 10

Hi @MotBarber , your Hub is definitely still needed; don't throw it away 🙂

Whole Home Wi-Fi needs one disc connected by Ethernet to the Hub, and the other discs can connect wirelessly back to it.

With regard to attaching all your existing devices, the simplest way is to switch-off wi-fi in your Hub, then rename your whole home network (in the App / Settings menu, change both the network name AND the wi-fi password) to the same as your original Hub. This way you don't need to reconfigure any of your devices. Most devices will work straight away, but if you see some devices that still don't see the wi-fi, just reboot them and that should solve it.

Hope this helps and answers your concerns.

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
andreaferns120472
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Many thanks for your reply.

The problem is even though I have manually connected the playstation (via settings on the playstation) to the BT wholehome wi-fi , it keeps changing automatically changing back to the smarthub.  I need the playstation to connect to the wholehome as I want to use the "bedtime" function in the app.  Any ideas how to keep the playstation connected to the BT Wholehome and NOT the smarthub?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 7 of 10

@andreaferns120472wrote:

Many thanks for your reply.

The problem is even though I have manually connected the playstation (via settings on the playstation) to the BT wholehome wi-fi , it keeps changing automatically changing back to the smarthub.  I need the playstation to connect to the wholehome as I want to use the "bedtime" function in the app.  Any ideas how to keep the playstation connected to the BT Wholehome and NOT the smarthub?

Hi again, I'm assuming here that your PlayStation is only connecting via Wi-Fi; you don't have an Ethernet cable connected (if so unplug the cable).

To stop your PS connecting to you Smart Hub, you should go into your PS's menu, network / wi-fi settings section, and forget the Smart Hub network. I don't have the exact menu in front of me, but Google "forget wi-fi network on playstation" it if you don't know how to do it.

Alternatively, you could also switch-off the wi-fi in your Smart Hub: in your internet browser, browse to bthomehub.home, and go to wireless settings to switch off wireless (admin password is printed on the card on the back of your hub).

Hope this helps.

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
lnajr02
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Hi What type of PlayStation are you using?
0 Ratings
andreaferns120472
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Hi

It's a Playstation 4

0 Ratings
andreaferns120472
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10