cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Whole Home Wi-fi Static Ip number problem and smart hub 2 help.

Hi all, some questions about the bt hub

Q1 I have a BT smart hub 2 and I basically gave all my devices static IPS, the BT smart hub 2 sees them all no problem and uses the right IP address assigned to that device.   Now the problem is one device on the BT whole Wi-fi discs is not using the right IP which i find strange as all other devices are.

so eg let say a iphone

static ip in the device is 192.168.1.20

the bt hub sees it as 192.168.1.20

put the same device onto the whole home and the disc says 192.168.1.202 but then passes the info the hub which then sees it as 192.168.1.20.

I dont understand why the bt whole discs are using 202 when the device is set to 20 and the discs pass the wifi to the hub and the hub says 20. all; other devices work and show the right ip on the hub and bt whole discs so i dont know why this device is not using the right ip on the bt whole discs.

Q2 also i noticed  2 other devices iphone & ipad static ip on the bt whole discs says unkown ? but that device gets pushed to the hub and that has the right Ip address and you can see it  but the BT whole home discs say unknown. why are these devices ips not showing in the bt whole discs ? I have other apple devices that show you the ip.

Q3, this is a hub question why do some ipv6 devices swap between ipv4 and ipv6 as somtimes some devices say DHCP ipv6 which dont show you the ip number and then next day says ips numbers which use ipv4 i fid this strange.

any help would be great

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Whole Home Wi-fi Static Ip number problem and smart hub 2 help.

anyone? I need help on this  thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Whole Home Wi-fi Static Ip number problem and smart hub 2 help.

so know one can help me oj this problem? its a a pain and i need to sort this out there must be some sort of solution. 

0 Ratings