cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mychips
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi - How to delete devices

I woudl like to remove though the old devices or "purge" the Wholehome WiFi so everything is deleted apart from what is currently connected.

I have updated to the .10 firmware and still have the same devices showing (with last connected dates as 1970) and no way of removing them.

is there a setting im missing?

Regards 

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 12 of 18

Hi, 

@mychipswrote:

I woudl like to remove though the old devices or "purge" the Wholehome WiFi so everything is deleted apart from what is currently connected.

I have updated to the .10 firmware and still have the same devices showing (with last connected dates as 1970) and no way of removing them.

is there a setting im missing?

Regards 

Hi @mychips, make sure you've downloaded the new App too. Once you've done that, you should see a red button at the bottom of the device list. If you still can't see this button after the update, close the App and restart it again.

Community ModeratorBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Jaysel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

Excellent - thanks Bruno

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jaysel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

0 Ratings
dadwelch
Message 15 of 18

The "Reset Device List" options is not really all that useful it not only clears EVERY device from the list (including any you may have renamed). It also resets all the device groups and access control lists. If like me you have configured several of these to keep control of the kids screen time, you have to go through and set that all back up again. It also requires a restart of the whole Wifi system which is quite inconvenient for anyone who may be using it.

Why can't we just swipe the individual device to the left and click delete in the same way we delete individual emails or txt's?? Surely it can't be that hard to implement?

BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 16 of 18

@dadwelchwrote:

The "Reset Device List" options is not really all that useful it not only clears EVERY device from the list (including any you may have renamed). It also resets all the device groups and access control lists. If like me you have configured several of these to keep control of the kids screen time, you have to go through and set that all back up again. It also requires a restart of the whole Wifi system which is quite inconvenient for anyone who may be using it.

Why can't we just swipe the individual device to the left and click delete in the same way we delete individual emails or txt's?? Surely it can't be that hard to implement?

With the software released yesterday (v1.02.06build11) and apps released last week, it is possible to delete individual offline devices. Just view the device and scroll to the bottom then press Forget Device.

Dan-O

Community ModeratorDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
Jaysel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Excellent - I did, and it does!

0 Ratings
dadwelch
Message 18 of 18

Thanks Dan-O,

It does indeed do what it says on the tin.

0 Ratings