Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uptheorinoco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

BT Whole Home WiFi - How to delete devices

Hello.

(1) We have recently changed our smart phones, and our old ones still show on the newwork as "disconnected devices".

I have renamed these, to avoid confusion with our new phones, but cannot seem to find any way to delete them completely.

I have tried, and failed, to find a way in both the App and also the browser based routine (http://mybtdevice.home).

(2) Also, I had set up the network using the App on my old smart phone. I tried to reinstall the App on my new phone, and it simply refused to work ..... I ended up having to virtually set the Mesh network up from scratch once more.

Any advice on how I should have accomplished this ?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
stoswald
Contributor
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi - How to delete devices

This is how I would do it using a HH6

In the top browser enter 192.168.1.254

Go to Advance Settinge and log in using your admin password for hub manager

From Advanced Menu Select My Network

Try and remove device that is not required. So long as "Remove" is in Blue and not grey this should work.

Otherwise

Reboot the HH6

I've no idea on Mobile Apps, but did you uninstall the App from the old phone first?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 18

Hi,
It's not currently possible to delete offline devices, they automatically delete once you reach 200 devices.

We will be adding this feature in a future release however.

The app should work on another device without any issues. Are you still having trouble?
Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
uptheorinoco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Thanks for the response from BT, and hope this network maintenance feature will be addressed soon.

I had done quite a bit more research into the issue yesterday, and had found another 7 devices that were no longer in my home ..... We'd had various visitors (including kids with phones & tablets) over the Christmas period. While here they used our WiFi, and these are now all listed as "offline devices" in my the BT Whole Home WiFi network.

You probably already know that the "offline devices" I was trying to delete do not feature if I take the Admin option on my Router ..... They only feature in the BT Mesh Network.

Over time, I would expect that every customer's network will become similarly cluttered, so this will become more of a problem as time goes on.

Do you think I could be informed when this feature appears, so I can get some housekeeping done on my network ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
uptheorinoco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Sorry, missed the 2nd issue about the App not working on a replacement device.The network was working fine, with lots of connected devices. It was just that none of them would run the App.

The Home WiFi App would only go into the place where you start a new network, i.e. power all discs off, start the App, connect the 1st disc, add a second dsic, power it on, etc.

I had to wait until there was no-one wanting to use the network (i.e. late at night), then "rebuilt" the network from scratch (see above), and all I wanted was to get the App working.

I have given this issue some thought, and the best solutions would be to either :-

(a) Have an option up front, in the App, so you could say that you already had a network in place when you downloaded it from the App Store.

(b) Have a PC-based alternative, with an Admin option to allow the App to be loaded onto a replacement device.

The App has worked fine since I got it going on my new iPhone. I do not intend loading it onto anothere device to check if this also exhibits the same problem, as I anticipate I would experience the same problem, and have the bother of the "rebuild" again, disc by disc.

Hope this all makes sense.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 18

@uptheorinoco

Interesting. The app is designed to automatically detect an already setup network and will just load the settings of that rather than asking to start again.

You'd need to have Wi-Fi switched on and be connected to your Whole Home Wi-Fi network at the time of launching the app for this to work.

Did this not happen for you?

Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
pscraven
Message 7 of 18

Do you know when the ability to remove offline devices will be added? I have a lot and periodically a number of them randomly turn to ‘blocked’?
0 Ratings
Jaysel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

I am also awaiting this feature.

Due to the current problem of devices being seemingly randomly renamed with the latst firmware update, I have multiples of certain devices with the same name. The only way of identifying which device is the correct one is to check the MAC address.

Obviously this is wholly unsuitable!

0 Ratings
mychips
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

IS BT still looking at this thread as i to am wanting to remove the old devices from my network, I regularly de clutter but not being abe to remove old devices i find very frustrating. One device has been incorrectly named and now i cannot rename the device one with the right naming convention.

Please BT sort this very basic request soon as posisble

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 10 of 18

@Jayselwrote:

I am also awaiting this feature.

Due to the current problem of devices being seemingly randomly renamed with the latst firmware update, I have multiples of certain devices with the same name. The only way of identifying which device is the correct one is to check the MAC address.

Obviously this is wholly unsuitable!

Hi everyone. There's a new disc firmware and App available today that should help you with the device list getting muddled which also affects access control and pausing. You can clean up your whole device list and access control settings if they're already corrupted, and it should stop the list getting corrupted in the future.

Hope this helps.

Device expertBrunoN
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings