Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oakserver
Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi Issues

Go to solution

In my opinion, its probably the Smart Hub causing your issues. Everything worked well for me with an Asus router. I always had DHCP issues with my smart hub for some reason.

0 Ratings
MichaelH1
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

I'm experiencing problems with very similar symptoms.  Connection to devices drops and then reconnects shortly after.  I've good connection between discs, but unlike other posters I'm using with Virgin internet, Hub 2.0 router.  I will try to change channels, but this feels like a firmware/hardware issue to me. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

@MichaelH1

Have you tried asking on the Virgin forums, as other people may be having the same issue?

This forum is for BT Retail customers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Grandka
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

I too have had issues with the BT Home Hub. I've had it since the start of the year but it's become even more problematic tahn ever over the past fortnight.  We conbtrol access to our home (in the coutryside) via a Wifi intercom and electric gates. It seems that from time to time the the intercom system cannot maintain the Wifi connection with the Home Hub but cannot connect up again after the breakage in the link.  Likewise, intermittently with my mobile phone. Yet my iMac seems to either maintain rthe connection or reconnect. And that's when all devices - including the Wifi modem and the first  Home Hub disc are in the same room, no more than 8 feet away from each other.

It is hard to understand why the problem has become more acute recently.  I have sometimes had to reset the network twice or more a day and sometimes, when I have no access to reset it via my mobile phone, I have to unplug the Home Hub. I obviously can't do this when I'm away from home so the failure of the Home Hub means that we can't remotely open our entry gates at all. A great system when it works but the lack of reliability is very seriously problematic.  Query, therefore, whether this particular product is fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Torrung
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

Hi,

I have been wrestling with this issue for the past two months. Devices will randomly drop connection, not all at the same time. Sometimes the device will reconnect itself, sometimes a reboot of the system is necessary. Symptoms are very similar to IP adress conflicts.

Forcing channels seems to somewhat aleviate for certain devices. I now need to reboot several times a day, down from several times per hour.

Like some others experiencing the issue; I use Virgin as provider; with their router/modem. About 8 devices connected at the same time (mix apple/ios/android and some IOT appliances).

@BT:You are welcome to my home if you cannot reproduce.

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

@Torrung wrote:

Hi,

I have been wrestling with this issue for the past two months. Devices will randomly drop connection, not all at the same time. Sometimes the device will reconnect itself, sometimes a reboot of the system is necessary. Symptoms are very similar to IP adress conflicts.

Forcing channels seems to somewhat aleviate for certain devices. I now need to reboot several times a day, down from several times per hour.

Like some others experiencing the issue; I use Virgin as provider; with their router/modem. About 8 devices connected at the same time (mix apple/ios/android and some IOT appliances).

@BT:You are welcome to my home if you cannot reproduce.

You certainly shouldn't need to reboot several times a day. Which VM hub do you have?

If you contact the helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or btconnectedhome@bt.com, they will be able to offer some advice and pass on to the technical team.

0 Ratings
nigelrtaylor
Beginner
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

My wholehome is starting to annoy me. Owned for 3 months, tried fixing the channels and factory reset of my HH5 and still my Nexus 6P won't reconnect when I return home. Come on BT don't release products that don't work and cost a lot of money. 

0 Ratings
ioannis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution
Have you enabled compatibility mode in the wireless settings using the web gui?
0 Ratings
GCAL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Hi - I am having same issue. I have two discs connected directly to the modem via an ethernet switch and they work fine. Then I have two discs relying in wifi and they fail regularly. 

Mike

0 Ratings
GCAL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution
Tried the channels solution. Didn't work. Tried compatibility mode. Didn't work. Two disc work fine (connected directly to router) two that rely on wifi don't. All gone wrong since the BT firmware update on 28-02-18. Why oh why do they try and fix things that aint broke and so break them!
0 Ratings