Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garygreig
Beginner
Message 1 of 25

BT Whole Home WiFi Issues

Go to solution

Anyone else being forced to reboot the whole home wifi on a very regular basis to maintain device connectivity to the internet?  My devices show as connected to the wifi, but have no IP address.  Restarting the Ethernet connected whole home wifi device fixes the issue, although I'm currently having to do this daily..

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
abattle
Contributor
Message 2 of 25

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi Issues

Go to solution
Logon to the web interface and manually set the channels to 1 for 2.4GHz and 36 for 5GHz. That sorted mine out.
0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution
0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution
I actually returned mine because you can't change client names or block individual devices.
0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

Hi,

Have you updated to the latest disc firmware using the app? Also which Home Hub / router are you using your Whole Home Wi-Fi with?

0 Ratings
Garygreig
Beginner
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

Hi - am on the latest firmware and using the latest home hub.  I've changed the wifi channels per a recommendation from here and so far so good, although been less than 24 hours since the change.  If the channel change fixes it, all good, otherwise I'll be back to the drawing board and likely return the devices...

0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution
I used mine with the Smart Hub. I had multiple restarts until I reset the Smart Hub to factory settings. No seamless integration either which staggered me. The only devices that showed up on the Smart Hub client list were the ones that were connected to the primary disc connected to the hub.
0 Ratings
Captmack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution
I am having similar problems but I'll try the channel switching idea first.

It is sad we are beta testing a product for the low price of £300

These issue should have been resolved already
0 Ratings
garyowens
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution
I was a hh6 trialing. I have given up on hh6 and gone back your my hh5
0 Ratings
russclark70
Beginner
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

I'm having major issues with mine. Tried manually setting the channels as suggested. Factory reset the HH6. Still getting problems with IP address conflicts for various devices. Really starting to frustrate me now and I've only had the system 3 days!! Smiley Mad

0 Ratings