cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
profet21
Message 1 of 8

BT Whole Home WiFi Routing Question

Go to solution
So, rather naïvely I assumed that when I plug my discs in, they would taste care of the routing for all my devices, including the hardwired ones and that I could therefore sell my old WiFi router.

Obviously that's not the case, and I need to keep the router (and turn WiFi off).

My question is, will my router still be able to see the devices connected to the discs? If not, there is no way to use QOS/put forwarding etc with the wireless devices.

Secondly, can anyone recommend a wired router?
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi Routing Question

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

Who provides your broadband, and which router are you using.

0 Ratings
profet21
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Virgin superhub 3.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@profet21 wrote:
Virgin superhub 3.

This is only a BT Retail customer forum, so its not going to be possible to answer your questions, so you would be best posting on the Virgin Media forum http://community.virginmedia.com/

This link has lots of information  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=%22whole%20home%22&advanced=tru...

Or specific posts https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=%22whole%20home%22&advanced=tru...

If you do not find the answer, then create a new post on that user forum.

0 Ratings
profet21
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
So to ask a question about the BT whole home WiFi I should post on the Virgin Media forum?

That makes a lot of sense.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

The system is designed to work with all ISPs. This is the forum for BT Broadband users.

If you have an issue with the discs not working, then there is a helpdesk you can call or email. 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com

Network related issues are specific to your own ISP, and you will find lots of posts about this on the VM forum.

0 Ratings
profet21
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Ah, well in that case I'm a BT Customer using a Home Hub. Same question - will it see the wireless devices connected to the discs?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

If it was a home hub, then you should see them, but not always, as the home hub has other issues.

You need to ask this question on the VM forum, as the VM router is a totally different device.

0 Ratings