Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puntoboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

BT Whole Home WiFi - SSID Spaces

Go to solution
Just setup two new discs at my home which was nice and easy. Now I’d like to change the SSID so that I don’t have to rejoin all my devices.
I’ve gone into settings and checked the help files which states that I cannot have Spaces at the beginning of end of the network name. The SSID I use only has spaces in the middle but the app won’t accept it.

Any ideas why this is? As soon as I remove the spaces it works but that doesn’t help me.
0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi - SSID Spaces

Go to solution

spaces are not accepted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Puntoboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution
At all? That’s not what the documentation says. Why can my HH6 have spaces but these cannot?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

just the way firmware is set up - some router accept spaces whilst others do not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Puntoboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution
If that’s the case they need to fix it.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

that's not going to happen  obviously changed for hh6

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

I somehow think BT will take the view that it is easier for you to "fix" your chosen SSid not to include spaces and to re-connect your devices to that SSid than for them to re-write software to "fix" something that is not broken but was designed that way.

Puntoboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution
If it was designed that way, why does the documentation say otherwise? It clearly says no spaces are the start or end. Nothing about no spaces at all.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Perhaps the documentation needs fixed.

0 Ratings
Puntoboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution
BT are clearly capable of fixing the SSID issue, they managed it on the HH6. So why not these?
0 Ratings