cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Onejk
Message 21 of 24

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi - device connected to WiFi but no connectivity to the internet issue

The only device I have and issue with is my works laptop which uses Cisco AnyConnect to manage network connections rather than windows doing it. After a bit of googling it looks like this may have something to do with the recently announce WPA and WPA2 vulnerability’s. Maybe a result of them patching the pairwise key handshake process to prevent unauthorised access. Looks like I may have to do the same as you for now.
0 Ratings
Mratich
Message 22 of 24

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi - device connected to WiFi but no connectivity to the internet issue

I have had the same issue with several devices. My son’s PS4 and PC, my daughter’s iPhone.

Always out of the blue having worked fine. I have manually set the IP addresses to permanently cure the problem with a specific device. Rebooting the router allowed the devices to reconnect, but I didn’t want to have to keep rebooting it.

There seems to be a problem with IP conflicts when connecting using DHCP.

This, plus major issues with connections with Sky Q, means I sincerely regret purchasing the Whole Home system.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 24

@Mratich

If you are using a BT Home hub as the router, then the issue you describe, is a "feature" of all the home hubs, and would still manifest itself if all devices were directly connected to the home hub.

Its a problem with the DHCP server, and the way that device names are linked to IP addresses. If you have more than one device with the same name, then that is when the problem starts to occur.

The problem can be overcome by turning off the DHCP server on the home hub, and using your own DHCP server. Many devices, like wireless access points, have their own DHCP server which can be turned on.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 24 of 24

@Mratichwrote:

I have had the same issue with several devices. My son’s PS4 and PC, my daughter’s iPhone.

Always out of the blue having worked fine. I have manually set the IP addresses to permanently cure the problem with a specific device. Rebooting the router allowed the devices to reconnect, but I didn’t want to have to keep rebooting it.

There seems to be a problem with IP conflicts when connecting using DHCP.

This, plus major issues with connections with Sky Q, means I sincerely regret purchasing the Whole Home system.

Hi @Mratich, sorry you're having trouble. There should be no need to change any IP settings; it should just work and IP conflicts should simply not exist in a normal config.

If you're still having problems, could you please add more details to describe your original problem (the one that triggered you changing IP settings), and your network configuration. We / the community will see if we can help.

We need to  find a solution for you that doesn't involve faffing with IP addresses 🙂 That simply shouldn't be needed.

Device expertBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings