Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smiler89
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Whole Home WiFi dropping out

Hello,

I purchased BT Whole Home Mesh Network about 3 weeks ago. The first disc is conected via eithernet to my Virgin Media router.  The other two discs are placed around the house with 'good' signal back to the main disc.

They are running Firmware v1.02.06 build 12.

The discs performed well for the first week however for the past few days I have lost wifi connection several times a day. My apple phone discconects from the network and when I go into the wifi settings it says the BT Whole Home wifi has no internet. All the lights on the discs are still solid blue.

My  virgin media router says it is still connected to the internet.

To get the BT whole home working again I turn off the disc connected to the router on and off and then I can get wifi again.

I have reset the Netowork and tried restarting my virgin media hub but it is still doing it. 

Does anyone have a fix for this or should I take the Whole Home back and get a different mesh network whilst I still can?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi dropping out

Hi @Smiler89, sorry you're having problem.

Can you please try disabling steering here: mybtdevice.home/steering.htm and let us know if that helps.

I've also asked the moderators to move your post to the BT Devices forum where more people will be able to help.

0 Ratings
Smiler89
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hello, Thanks for the reply.

When I click the link it says 'Invalid parameters specified'.

I have logged into the BT Whole Home with the admin password but can't find 'Steering' in settings.
Do you know where I find it to disable it?
0 Ratings
Shaun2019
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Hi I am experiencing the exact same issues and raised a separate post today about this as becoming massively inconvenient

I have tried the steering disabled as a potential solution but this has no impact. It’s also not helpful as it means devices don’t disconnect and connect in the background when I move from room to room, one of the main points of having a mesh system..

Did this work for you? Did you get any delete advice that helped?

Thanks
0 Ratings
Jtonky
Message 5 of 8

Yes I have the same issue. Not an allle
Thing I have all platform. It wipes out Sonos laptops iPads androids etc. A reboot of the internet router some times does it else switching off the 2nd disc as well does it too. Both my discs are wired . It’s as if it lodges a bad route and it can’t get out to the internet as when the issue is happening I can’t get to my default gateway 192.168.0.1. Happened 4 times now. 3 times in past month. Convinced it is the discs as it’s only when they are removed it fixes the issue but it breaks every router I have. Simplify the network and have first router on only . Then give couple mins and power then back on one by one in sequence . I manage the firmware of ever other device. The discs are the only ones set to auto update and the last one is 22/03/19 which is about when the issues started
0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Hi #Smiler89
Make sure you are connected to your Whole Home Wi-Fi network
Enter http://mybtdevice.home in your internet browser address field
Enter your Admin password then click Login (Admin password is printed on your wireless settings card located on the back of your discs)
Then when you are logged in ... then open mybtdevice.home/steering.htm ,its hidden ..

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Hi #Jtonky
Email the BT helpdesk on btconnectedhome@bt.com
remember to provide System Logs for the discs.

To do this enter http://mybtdevice.home in a web browser on a device connected to the Whole Home Wi-Fi. Enter the Admin Password when prompted. Tap System then System Log.
You can then create and export logs for the discs.
This may help them diagnose what is happening to cause this problem. If you can you also let them know the MAC address of any particular devices which you’ll find in the app under Devices or in the web login under Status and Devices. They will have a look at the problem for you.
0 Ratings
tribunepind
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Turning legacy steering off sorted my wifi on/off loop issues.  

0 Ratings