cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulslewis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Whole Home WiFi failure issues

A few months ago I bought a Whole Home system and it worked well for around 3 months. But in the past few weeks it keeps failing. We have 5 discs in total: 2 are hard wired to the router, 3 are connected wirelessly. When it goes wrong,  the weird thing is that the discs still show a blue LED but the app can’t find the system and we have no WiFi. And occasionally, although the app can’t find the system, we do still have WiFi! I’ve tried everything: the software is all up to date, I’ve restarted all the discs many times. The only think I can trace it back to, possibly, is when I added the last disc, a few weeks after the original system. It works fine, when the system is working, and has a good connection but the issues do seem to have been since that disc was added. Any thoughts much appreciated! Thanks! 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
albertj
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi failure issues

Maybe give this post a read, might help

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Problem-with-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-Read-this-first/m-p/1908749#M72...
--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
0 Ratings
paulslewis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks but I've done everything relevant on that list many times, it fixes the immediate problem but the problem comes back again and again! My issue is why it keeps happening. (I'm definitely not connecting to a wrong network!) 

0 Ratings
jpkeates
Message 4 of 9

I have pretty much the same issue.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/BT-Whole-Home-system-not-working/m-p/1964918#M1...

I can't offer any solution, but, being in the same situation, I wanted to offer some support - it's maddening.

At the moment (after 7 hours effort), everything is working. I have reset each disk, setting each one up in the same room as the main disk (which is the only one I have wired to the router) and it's working.

What seems to trigger the failure is the router rebooting itself. Although that may be a red herring as it typically happens overnight so I have no idea what causes it.

0 Ratings
paulslewis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I also wondered if it was the router reconnecting or something (although I have no evidence of that), but what that doesn't explain is why this only started after I added one more disk... although I guess that could also be a coincidence!

0 Ratings
jpkeates
Message 6 of 9

I've had pretty much the same set up since November and it's just started to happen to me too.

I have six disks, so it could be a number of disks problem. I notice that the Complete Wi Fi solution seems to have a maximum of 3 disks (although they do seem to be different in some way).
0 Ratings
paulslewis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

That’s interesting... just realised that I miscounted, I actually have 6 disks, and  the problem started when I reached 6 too. 6 is also the stated maximum for Whole Home so should not be a problem in itself... but it appears it might be, and BT can offer no solution. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @paulslewis sorry you have not been able to get a solution to your problem with the Whole Home Wifi. Have you contacted the product helpdesk as they would be best placed to help. They can be contacted by phone: 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.30pm and Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm) or drop them an email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
paulslewis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I haven't tried calling them up to now. I'll give it a try, thanks.

0 Ratings