kitenski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi pausing

Go to solution

hmm had high hopes the new firmware would fix the issue, but no, it hasn't 😞

Tried turning on guest access and a new SSID, but get 

Connection Failed.

Your Kindle connected to the Wi-Fi network but could not reach the internet.

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

@kitenskiDo you use groups and access control? If so, try removing everything out of the groups and see if that now works. There was an issue reported elsewhere in this forum that the App shows wrong name for the devices. So your Kindle might be in a group by mistake but under a wrong name.
If your Kindle works after you've removed your groups, then that's the issue. You can resolve it temporarily (until BT issues a fix) by adding your devices back into the groups one by one. When your kindle stops working again, you've found it.

0 Ratings
kitenski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

thanks but no I don't use groups at all 😞

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

@kitenskiwrote:

I also have this issue with a Kindle device that is always telling me the network is paused, whilst the Whole Home app tells me it's connected fine.

Hi again, I saw your earlier response to my earlier question, but seeing your earlier post a few days ago, I have another question to try to help you and narrow it down....

When you wrote the above, do you literally mean that the Kindle shows something that says "network is paused", or do you just mean that your Kindle has no working internet connection?

0 Ratings
kitenski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

The Kindle has no working connection, it appears to connect, then says further details are needed and directs me to the Browser. This then opens and shows:

IMG_0710.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution
I really think you should try to reset the router to its initial settings, and then reset the disks and add them as if new, one at a time, using the BT Wi-Fi app, and see if that does the job. This was the only thing that finally solved my similar issue. It’s not a major thing to do – I have six discs and even so it wasn’t an impossible process.
0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

Seems weird. The reset that @Marktheharp suggests may be the right thing to do.

But before you do, here are a few more ideas. Have you ever used the Pause button on the app in the past (button on App home page) and somehow this device stayed stuck being paused? Or have you ever paused this device individually (under Devices Information, then Access Control or Block Device)?

Try pausing / unpausing this device again and see if that somehow unlocks it - a kind of software "switch it off and back on again" Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
SteveA1
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

This is probably too late for you as you posted back in June

Had same iproblem on IPAD today

1. Accessed Wholehome wifi app on different device - My Iphone

2. On home page Paused the whol network

3. The list of those devices that are paused when network pause is  activated, came up with sliders for on off

4. Turned off my IPAD on list

5. unpaused the whole network.

It all worked for me..No Pause on IPAD

Concurrently I had updated my IPAD software just before, but I dont think is anything to do with solution

Good luck  

0 Ratings
SteveA1
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Maybe too late for those who had issue but I had same today on IPAD

Pausing and unpausing is a solution that worked for me on my IPAD

1. Access Wholehome wifi app from another device. I used Iphone

2. On home page press Pause for whole network

3. A list of dveices that are paused when network is paused.. comes up. There are soft slide switches against each. Turn off the paused device on the list. In my case my IPAD. This would mean it is exempt from Pausing when network is paused

4. turn back on the whole network. IE Unpause the Wholehome wifi

This stopped my IPAD being paused

Good luck 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution
Thanks Steve
0 Ratings