cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

BT Whole Home WiFi pausing

Go to solution

Hi

I have a MacBook Air which is running the most recent version of IOS.  When I connect to my Whole Home Wifi network I keep getting an incorrect message that the internet is paused.  All of my other devices IOS and Android are connecting to the same network and have full internet access.  This message only appears on my MacBook Air if I try to connect to the internet via Whole Home WiFi.    If I switch my Mac back to the BT HomeHub network internet access is available.  I have had Whole Home WiFi for the last 12 months and this issue has only appeared in the last couple of weeks.

Does anybody have any ideas how I can resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Chris

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 24

Re: BT Whole Home WiFi pausing

Go to solution
Hi Chris, just in case you haven’t solved this, I found your issue because I was having the same problem with an iPad. It consistently said it was paused on my home Wi-Fi app, and the iPad itself said it wasn’t connecting to the Internet. It had been working absolutely fine, and then just suddenly stopped

In the end, on the iPad itself, I went into settings, and renamed it, and that seemed to do the trick.

Perhaps try this with your MacBook, and let me know if it helps or not. I presume, although I haven’t tried, that I could now rename my iPad back to what it was before, and it would still work. But I’m not going to tempt fate.
0 Ratings
CJDean
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution
I am having the same issue with an iPad. The whole home app says the iPad is connected but I repeatedly get the message that my access is paused when I try to connect. Did renaming work for you, I tried that but it didn’t work...
0 Ratings
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution
Hi Chris, I don’t know if you solved this, but my iPad has again decided to tell me Internet access is paused. Funny thing is this time on my whole home Wi-Fi app, it says it’s fine. Going to take up with BT, and will post any response here.
0 Ratings
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution
Hi all – just adding to my message. I phoned up BT who suggested that one of the discs might still have the wrong information on it, so I removed all but the main one, and reset that one desk (connected to my home hub), and the problem still persisted.

So I did the only other thing I can think of, which was a hard reset of the home hub with a paperclip, and that seems to have cured the problem. Which would suggest some sort of interaction between home Wi-Fi and the home hub. Regardless, the problem seems to have been sorted as I rebuild the WiFi disc network again.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

What I found worked was basically turning BT Whole Home WiFi off completely and restarting the whole thing also seemed to work.

0 Ratings
risley
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

Hi,

This didn't work for me (same problem with an Ipad) is there any update?

0 Ratings
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution
Well, my problem came back, and I rebuilt the network from scratch, adding discs one at a time using the app. Which was a pain as I have 6. If I remember correctly, I also completely reset my home hub. It has now completely cured it.
0 Ratings
kitenski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

I also have this issue with a Kindle device that is always telling me the network is paused, whilst the Whole Home app tells me it's connected fine.

I'm not intending to rebuild my whole network!! Any other suggestions?

0 Ratings
Marktheharp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution
I do hope you find some other solution, but honestly I tried everything, and resetting the router and rebuilding the network was the only thing that did it.
0 Ratings