Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fizzbang1
Message 1 of 7

BT Whole Home Wifi - Adding new disc - password issue

Hi

I have a fully functioning Whole Home Wifi with 2 disks.

I want to add another two disks. 

I have plugged the new disks into the router to get them updated and they turn blue..

when I go in the app to add new disk it keeps prompting me for the disk admin password..I enter the password on the new disk but it keeps telling me it is incorrect and sets time to 1 min until next login attempt...This keeps on recurring and I am now on 13 attempts.

Can someone confirm which password it is actually requesting..I have been through this process with both the two new disks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
OldJake
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Whole Home Wifi - Adding new disc - password issue

I just got my kit so I've just gone through this process.  I entered the one that's marked 'admin' on the back of the disc which is below the one for connecting to the wifi.  I suspect you've probably tried that though.

The other possible 'gotcha' is the characters.  You haven't got an upper case I (for Indigo) that you're confusing for a lower case l (for Lima) by any chance?  That got me on another device for much more time than it should have done!

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

@fizzbang1wrote:

Hi

I have a fully functioning Whole Home Wifi with 2 disks.

I want to add another two disks. 

I have plugged the new disks into the router to get them updated and they turn blue..

when I go in the app to add new disk it keeps prompting me for the disk admin password..I enter the password on the new disk but it keeps telling me it is incorrect and sets time to 1 min until next login attempt...This keeps on recurring and I am now on 13 attempts.

Can someone confirm which password it is actually requesting..I have been through this process with both the two new disks.

Have you tried the admin password from the "old" discs. When you plugged your new discs into your router, if all went well, your existing network details were passed on to the new discs.

0 Ratings
Scunner3
Message 4 of 7

I have the same problem but I now have the new disc apparently working, but without a name.
Add new disc won't accept the admin password printed on the disc, nor the one from the initial disc.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Scunner3, sounds like your new disc isn't installed correctly.

I suggest you reset that disc to factory defaults and re-install it from scratch.

To do this: plug it into your router with an ethernet cable, then press the reset pinhole button on the back. Wait for the light to become permanently solid blue (it'll take a few minutes). Leave it plugged in.

Then go into your app, select the Add Another Disc option under Settings, then follow the instructions.

Device expertBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dslongstaff
Message 6 of 7

Hi I'm having the same problem as the original poster.  I've purchased another disk to my existing 3 disk setup.  In the app, I choose add another disk, and it asks me for the admin password before you can go any further.

I've tried the admin password from the new disk and from the old disk but neither makes any difference (I've also checked that it isn't the wifi password but rather the disk password.)  The problem is everytime you get it wrong it now says you have to wait an increasing length of time to retry.  I'm now on 38 minutes having to wait for my next try.

Any advice appreciated...?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 7 of 7

Hi @dslongstaff , are you following the instructions from the add-on user guide (a copy is here)?

Assuming you do that to the letter, your add-on disc should be switched-off at the point when you open the app "add disc" menu. If the app is asking you for a password at that point, then it should definitely be the one from your existing discs. If the app doesn't recognise the admin password printed on the back and you're sure you've typed it correctly (it's case sensitive), then it must be that it was changed in the past. If you can't remember it you'll have to reset your disc to factory defaults (see post above).

Once you're happy that your app no longer prompts you for the admin password on your original network, then you can start with the add-on instructions. Make sure you don't miss the screen that asks you to connect the add-on disc to your router with a cable; that's the key step where your network settings are transferred to the new disc.

If that doesn't work, call the helpdesk and they can take you through it.

Hope this helps.

Device expertBrunoN
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings