cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_G
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BT Whole Home Wifi - Duplicate Names For Connected Devices

Hi. I have renamed lots of my devices on BT Whole Home Wifi so they are something more meaningful. What I am now finding is that the names I have given some devices are being duplicated against other mac addresses. Can someone please confirm if this is a known bug? The current firmware seems extremley buggy as this is one of many issues I am having!
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
abattle
Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Whole Home Wifi - Duplicate Names For Connected Devices

Had exactly the same problem. Devices mysteriously having their names changed to the same as another named device. The only way I can work out which is which is to go into my Smart Hub device list to see which device is which, and then change the name back to what it was.
0 Ratings
trapdoor
Expert
Message 3 of 16

Yep, same here.

except most of the time now I can no longer get access to the management interface via the app as I’m suffering from the “you are not connected...” bug, after weeks of things being fine on the latest firmware.

unfortunately this looks like another BT product ruined by bad firmware.

0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

The updates are far too infrequent, although this has been the only issue I’ve been having since the last one.
0 Ratings
Mr_G
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Bumping thread as this still isnt fixed!

BT Admins, can someone please confirm when this duplicate device name issue will be resolved?! The app is pretty useless at present as its impossible to tell what is actually connected and what isnt.

danielg
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

How difficult is this!!

A company the size of BT can't ensure that if we assign a name to device with a unique MAC address that it will keep it the same!!

I've tried blocking and unblocking a device on my system and now have that name linked to 4 different MAC addresses!!

Not sure what devices it's just overwritten!

BT THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!! SORT IT OUT!! AND QUICK!!

arc1969
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Have to agree with all that's said here.    It's a joke that they can't sort this out as this is about as simple as it gets being just a unique list of values - a MAC address and a string.   It's an even bigger joke that this got through Dev AND QA and made it into release software?  Maybe they don't have a Dev and QA?         

My list of devices is a complete mess with multiple duplications everywhere which means I can't use any access controls at all.

s1myr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Same renaming problem here.

Never know which device I'm pausing

0 Ratings
Palazzo13
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Yep. This seems to be the other main problem with the 1.02.04 Build 10 firmware released in February.
I've resigned myself to waiting a bit longer for a fix to this along with the other main issue of discs disconnecting from the network.
raybh
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Hi, my latest update was 26/06/18, v1.02.05 build 01 and I still have this problem, it is very annoying.
0 Ratings